Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
the ball will still bounce higher than it does on grass and most hard courts. And he’s going to come out roaring as he’s been starved of play. Novak will be defeated in the semis as he will be Focussed on everything else but tennis and too scared to act normally

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
I wrote this earlier:

After deep and painful reflection on the last two weeks of the US Open, I have come to the stark realisation that Novak Djokovic is the only thing holding tennis back from the dark ages.Tennis - only a few hours ago - was on the brink of being in the palm of Sascha Zverev's hand. One of tennis's principle agents, Dominic Thiem, only just prevented a calamity.This is a call to for arms for you all to join me in supporting Novak's pursuit of the slam record and for him to continue beating the next gens as long as possible. Secondly, for us all to recognise his great humanitarianism in selflessly organising the Adria tour - when tennis was on its knees.Thirdly, I'd like us all to acknowledge publicly that the line judge incident was 100% the fault of the thespian posing as a line judge. I was wrong to suggest otherwise.
Fed isn't getting any younger; Murray looks done; and Rafa looks done off of clay. Do you, a proud tennis fan,want the burgeoning tide of young pushers, bots and worst of all servebot-pushers to devalue what a slam win means? We owe the big 3/4/5 era much more than that. We owe Laver that.The only thing preventing this is Djokovic.

On this basis, I hope that Djoker wins his second RG as he is the only one out there that can reliably serve the sports interests.He is not just hungry, he's starving because of the corrupt USTA. I expect him to become the only member of the big three to have two career slams. If Nadal or Thiem or anyone else get in his path they will be summarily roasted. Rafa should stay on his boat, enjoy his fishing, and let nature take its course.
Fully agreed. Djokovic needs to stay healthy and destroy all hopes of any undeserving youngsters and or journeyman until a real champion comes along again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Fully agreed. Djokovic needs to stay healthy and destroy all hopes of any undeserving youngsters and or journeyman until a real champion comes along again.
It's time to put aside ego and individual favourite players and serve the realm of tennis. Djokovic is the champion of the realm.

Reactions: DjokoKing and ossie

·
Registered
364 Posts
Eddard Stark: "Tell me something, Varys [i.e. Tennis Cognoscenti King]. Who do you truly serve?"

Lord Varys [Tennis Cognoscenti King]: "The realm [of tennis], my lord. Someone must".

Reactions: ossie

·
Registered
38 Posts
We'll see in Rome how Djokovic is doing mentally. He must have been furious that he missed out on the USO. Rafa has been practicing for weeks on clay. I expect him to slap the living daylights out of everyone in the field in Rome and in Paris.

·
Registered
925 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
He's never won it in October, when the temperature is really cold and the ball isn't bouncing nearly as high. He also hasn't played any match since February.

·
Registered
177 Posts
He's never won it in October, when the temperature is really cold and the ball isn't bouncing nearly as high. He also hasn't played any match since February.
The only balls that don't bounce are those of 80 year old men.

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
I doubt it. They have ballgirls at RG too.

·
Banned
2,075 Posts
Gee I wonder why, I’m sure it has nothing to do with the fact that it’s never been played in October

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
You've got to study more.
The Earth is closer to the Sun in October than in June, the gravity of the Sun therefore will make ball jumps higher.

·
F***ing have it
17,558 Posts
That line judge is travelling to Paris right now 😅

·
Registered
59 Posts
Reactions: El_Toro

·
F***ing have it
17,558 Posts
I thought she was on life support in hospital?
Mirka Federer and Uncle Toni paid for the trachea replacement surgery. She now has a male voice, and it's ok (y):p She's gonna star in a reality show called "The tennis bionic woman"

21 - 40 of 77 Posts