Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
King Of Tennis
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's gonna happen. Double career slam to go along with his double career masters. Remember when he lost the RG 15 final to Wawrinka and everyone said he blew it and the devastation of the missed opportunity would consume him? Well he bounced back by winning Wimbledon literally right after and then winning RG the next year. He'll do the same here. He's still undefeated this year, 26-0. I'm not sure if he's gonna put a full effort into Rome so he may lose his first match of the year there but he will get another seven wins at RG, that much we know.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wrote this earlier:

After deep and painful reflection on the last two weeks of the US Open, I have come to the stark realisation that Novak Djokovic is the only thing holding tennis back from the dark ages.Tennis - only a few hours ago - was on the brink of being in the palm of Sascha Zverev's hand. One of tennis's principle agents, Dominic Thiem, only just prevented a calamity.This is a call to for arms for you all to join me in supporting Novak's pursuit of the slam record and for him to continue beating the next gens as long as possible. Secondly, for us all to recognise his great humanitarianism in selflessly organising the Adria tour - when tennis was on its knees.Thirdly, I'd like us all to acknowledge publicly that the line judge incident was 100% the fault of the thespian posing as a line judge. I was wrong to suggest otherwise.
Fed isn't getting any younger; Murray looks done; and Rafa looks done off of clay. Do you, a proud tennis fan,want the burgeoning tide of young pushers, bots and worst of all servebot-pushers to devalue what a slam win means? We owe the big 3/4/5 era much more than that. We owe Laver that.The only thing preventing this is Djokovic.

On this basis, I hope that Djoker wins his second RG as he is the only one out there that can reliably serve the sports interests.He is not just hungry, he's starving because of the corrupt USTA. I expect him to become the only member of the big three to have two career slams. If Nadal or Thiem or anyone else get in his path they will be summarily roasted. Rafa should stay on his boat, enjoy his fishing, and let nature take its course.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice Trolling :)

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Novak will definitely put 100% effort into Rome. It's his only chance to get some clay matches in before RG. He'll take full advantage of that. I believe Novak will win Rome in addition to RG. The draw is very good and he has beaten Nadal three times here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
:ROFLMAO:...LOL...i thought they meant Billie Jean King....

Reactions: yellow grass

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i have no doubt he'll bounce back with a vengeance. if october paris temps are in the 60's and 50's, rafa's ball won't be jumping like it normally does and it could be an equalizer for djoker. add thiem to rafa's side of the draw, extremely cool temps, and perhaps a light on and off drizzle finals sunday and you could have the perfect storm.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
i have no doubt he'll bounce back with a vengeance. if october paris temps are in the 60's and 50's, rafa's ball won't be jumping like it normally does and it could be an equalizer for djoker. add thiem to rafa's side of the draw, extremely cool temps, and perhaps a light on and off drizzle finals sunday and you could have the perfect storm.
Yes. I've been saying this too. The balls will bounce much lower. And those temperatures are exactly what they're expecting. It's going to be a really cold RG. Many people don't take any of this into consideration but all of this will greatly benefit Novak and hurt Nadal.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
We'll see how good Nadal really is on clay when the balls aren't bouncing nearly as high and he has to play in really cold temperatures with perhaps a little rain mixed in. ;)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well it's still in the high 20s here in Paris. I doubt if it will fall by more than 10 degree in the afternoon in three weeks.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Same old huffing and puffing. Djokovic hasn't even proven he can beat Thiem these days. Then there's Rafa, who bageled Djokovic last year / playing who on clay is an uphill battle for Djokovic. Lastly, is D still working on the player union / extracurricular project atm? If so, could be a distraction. Draw will be of huge significance.

·
Registered
21,523 Posts
And Rafael Nadal will be harder to hit through, though.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nadal has won Roland garros in the rain and cold and wind. It’s hilarious what you guys say. Rome is going to be hot anyway. So will suit Nadal. But if it’s so damp and cold like some thing, good luck hitting through him. And I’m sure he’s prepared for such conditions.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts