Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a doubles match at the AO looks like. I think one team is Clement/Llodra, but I'm not sure. Who is the other team, and did they play a let on this point? :lol: :haha: :p If that offends any animal lovers, I'm sorry, but that really is proof why all of the GS's big stadiums need roofs. ;)

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Re: Who are these players??

It was Boutter/Clement against Llodra/Santoro. :)
1/2 AO 2002.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts

Maybe you should put a warning in the title before PETA come and arrest you.

·
MTF. Never changes!
10,054 Posts

ahahaha. haha. ha.

Still...at least he said a prayer.

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It was Boutter/Clement against Llodra/Santoro. :)
1/2 AO 2002.
I thought I saw Clement and Llodra there. :)

·
Premium Member
9,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Feathers went everywhere!!

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
killing a bird

Australian Open SF 2002: Llodra/Santoro def. Boutter/Clement 6-3 3-6 12-10

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LU3TNDc85Hw

-> Llodra was playing a forehand and killed a bird

I don't know the rules in the situation like this. Did the point replay or Llodra won the point :confused:

Sorry if this was posted before...

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
Re: killing a bird

I was just thinking the other day, at least Llodra's now better known in Australia for something other than killing a pigeon in mid-flight. I remember at the time that he and Santoro actually rewatched the incident in a Eurosport broadcasting booth and seemed mightily amused by the whole thing, which struck me as a little macabre, to say the least.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts

This has been posted quite recently.. But always worth another look.

Interesting point about who wins the point.. Obviously there is no rule specifically about birds interfering with play [:tape:] but I presume that if a fan threw an object onto the court which then affected the point then it would be replayed so maybe this would fall under that category..

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Interesting point about who wins the point.. Obviously there is no rule specifically about birds interfering with play [:tape:] but I presume that if a fan threw an object onto the court which then affected the point then it would be replayed so maybe this would fall under that category..
I thought about it but on the other hand, birds are for me more like an element of nature. So if the wind doesn't disrupt a play why would do it a bird :confused: I'd like to call away to my conscience and obviously I feel sorrow for the bird but Llodra should have won the point IMO :shrug:

·
Registered
26,748 Posts

I was just thinking the other day, at least Llodra's now better known in Australia for something other than killing a pigeon in mid-flight. I remember at the time that he and Santoro actually rewatched the incident in a Eurosport broadcasting booth and seemed mightily amused by the whole thing, which struck me as a little macabre, to say the least.
I remember that. :tape:

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts

I thought about it but on the other hand, birds are for me more like an element of nature. So if the wind doesn't disrupt a play why would do it a bird :confused: I'd like to call away to my conscience and obviously I feel sorrow for the bird but Llodra should have won the point IMO :shrug:
That was my initial thought actually, that the point would go to Llodra, but I then thought 'Is that really fair?'.. but since when is sport fair, so you are probably right..

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

I think this also happened at Wimbledon once, didn't it? Or was it just a bird disrupting play in that case. I can't quite remember.

·
Registered
874 Posts

I think they played a let, which was appropriate for the circumstances. Clement could've easily been distracted by the bird flying across the court at the time even though the point was very much Llodra's.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Re: Do You Guys Know About This?

Poor bird.

Been on the board before but thanks again for sharing.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts