Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many match points did Kiefer save in the 2nd set?
According to yahoo Kiefer was extraordinary tonight: beat GGL in straight sets (!) meanwhile was leading 2-1 against Haas in the 1st set :rocker2:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Geez, what a nailbiter that was. With this kind of result, I don't expect him to even win a set against Nieminen.

I didn't follow the scoreboard very closely, but I know of one mp which he saved at 7:8 on own serve in the TB. :yeah: There might have been 2-3 more MPs in the TB, since I missed the points from 4 all to 6 all and from 8 all to 9 all. Kiefer had his first SP at 7:6 at serve GGL. He finally managed to minibreak GGL at 9 all and won the TB with 11:9.

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
choke era :eek:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't follow the scoreboard very closely, but I know of one mp which he saved at 7:8 on serve in the TB. There might have been 2-3 more MPs in the TB, since I missed the points from 4 all to 6 all.
:sad: I counted on you because I consider you as the biggest Kiefer fan on this forum :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
:haha::haha::haha:
Does that mean you weren't paying attention in the tiebreak? How shocking. ;)

Honestly, I can't answer that though. I know GGL had a break in the second but I'm sure whether he maintained to serve for the match. The only match point I recall being saved was at 9-8* in the tiebreak.

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
:sad: I counted on you because I consider you as the biggest Kiefer fan on this forum :)
Sorry. :p

This is pretty much another one of those "game sucks, but somehow still wins it" matches.

Honestly, I can't answer that though. I know GGL had a break in the second but I'm sure whether he maintained to serve for the match. The only match point I recall being saved was at 9-8* in the tiebreak.
So at least 2 mps saved.

I think Kiwi got that rebreak thanks to a double fault by GGL. At least according to the SB, since that was the first thing I saw, when I started following the match at 5 all.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:haha::haha::haha:
Does that mean you weren't paying attention in the tiebreak? How shocking. ;)
I was looking for this year holiday on Internet, when I looked at the scoreboard the final set getting started :wavey:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry. :p

This is pretty much another one of those "game sucks, but somehow still wins it" .
Maybe you will find some description of this match on a German forum ;)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've written 2 MP's to my MP-thread. I'll change it if we know more precise informations. Kiefer as so experienced player (more than 200 tournaments played) hasn't won too many matches after saving match point - according to my stats it's just 4th win of this kind.

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
GGL makes every match a nailbiter :eek:

:sobbing:

·
Registered
7,945 Posts
Kiefer as so experienced player (more than 200 tournaments played) hasn't won too many matches after saving match point - according to my stats it's just 4th win of this kind.
I know about the first round match at the Aussie Open 2006 against Srichaphan where he was down 0:2 sets and also saved two mps, but what about the other matches? Wasn't the last one just recently in 2007?

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
Oh, and I consider kiwi10is the biggest Kiefer fan around. :)
JMG is, he tells you to fuck off if you say bad stuff about kiefer

1 - 20 of 23 Posts