1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Telling y'all.

It's gonna take a helluva performance.

Someone might even do it B2B.

More dangerous in form players that will be a force to be reckoned with: Berdych, Medvedev

Deep stuff

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dimitrov? Good joke!
Dimitrov has been playing great tennis since teaming with Agassi.

Not a joke at all.

He was fighting last year in Paris already. This year he's added that crisp attacking game again.

Watch and see.

·
Banned
584 Posts
Berdych has a good chance for another SF...You can't say much about Medvedev, I can totally see him go out against healthy Goffin.

Dimitrov has a good draw, while Khachanov could easily go down as early as in next match. RBA even after 10 sets (3 of which he choked) is horrible 3rd round draw, then you got Cilic who really likes AO courts. And then Federer..

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If Khachanov beats RBA (which he should) he'll lose to Cilic.

Dimitrov lost a set to Tipsarevic and Cuevas lol, but he has a favorable draw. He'll probably reach QF and then lose to Rafa.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Berdych has a good chance for another SF...You can't say much about Medvedev, I can totally see him go out against healthy Goffin.

Dimitrov has a good draw, while Khachanov could easily go down as early as in next match. RBA even after 10 sets (3 of which he choked) is horrible 3rd round draw, then you got Cilic who really likes AO courts. And then Federer..
Goffin isnt any more of a favorite to beat Medvedev than Berdych is to beat Nadal.

Agut is your average 3rd round draw tbh, only that he's in career form, which is negated by the fact he won't be as physically strong anymore.

If Khachanov beats RBA (which he should) he'll lose to Cilic.

Dimitrov lost a set to Tipsarevic and Cuevas lol, but he has a favorable draw. He'll probably reach QF and then lose to Rafa.
thats a balsy prediction from a Cilic fan. Will he even make it past Verdasco, would be my concern. Nando is in good form.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
thats a balsy prediction from a Cilic fan. Will he even make it past Verdasco, would be my concern. Nando is in good form.
He beat him last 4 times they played, on three different surfaces. Also in Kooyoong last week. Verdasco is no concern to me.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'm hoping for Dimitrov to fuck around a bit with Nadal like two years ago. His style of play can damage the Spaniard. Let's see if he makes it to the quarters, the path is open.

I'd like to see Khachanov take out Cilic. A Federer vs. Khachanov QF could be fun.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm hoping for Dimitrov to fuck around a bit with Nadal like two years ago. His style of play can damage the Spaniard. Let's see if he makes it to the quarters, the path is open.

I'd like to see Khachanov take out Cilic. A Federer vs. Khachanov QF could be fun.
this so much.

he juke balls rafa to death and makes it a loooong grind.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Dimitrov is not in good form. He lost a set to Tipsarevic and had troubles with Cuevas today, who has a total of 3 career wins at AO. He has a very favorable draw now, with Fabbiano next, and then Tiafoe/Seppi, so he might still make it to the QF.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dimitrov is not in good form. He lost a set to Tipsarevic and had troubles with Cuevas today, who has a total of 3 career wins at AO. He has a very favorable draw now, with Fabbiano next, and then Tiafoe/Seppi, so he might still make it to the QF.
Meh. And Fed shoulda lost a set to Evans. Khach lost one to Gojo and is in blistering form..

happens.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Khachanov is dangerous indeed. Dimitrov? I don't think so, he will lose to Tiafoe/Seppi, wasn't impressive today.

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Dimitrov has improved a lot this year. He doesnt go meters behind the baseline to rally anymore.

·
Registered
14,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you won't try to sell this thread as a success if Dimitrov makes the QF thanks to his Challenger level draw.
Lol. Depends what kind of challenge/level he puts up there

·
10,277 Posts
Khachanov is always dangerous.

Doesn't matter the draw.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Khachanov - Not his time yet. Dimitrov, on the other hand is probably past his. Nadal and the Berdman have both looked really good. Sad, they have to meet in R4 - possibly exhausting each other.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts