Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Human highlight reel. Technical perfection, just like every other of his strokes.

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
The only good thing about this match? Again demonstrating why you are brainless. Before it became dominated by serve (and very good serving and plenty of incredible clutch play, at that), it was an incredibly high quality match with a tonne of sensational shotmaking.

·
Registered
21,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only good thing about this match? Again demonstrating why you are brainless. Before it became dominated by serve (and very good serving and plenty of incredible clutch play, at that), it was an incredibly high quality match with a tonne of sensational shotmaking.
I hope you’re trolling cause otherwise I feel for you, knowing you it’s hard to tell sadly

·
Registered
21,230 Posts
I hope you’re trolling cause otherwise I feel for you, knowing you it’s hard to tell sadly
What I said is a fact to any reasonable adult that watched the entire match. You clearly didn't watch the entire match and even if you did, your celebrity and player-oriented love-in eclipses any passion you have for the sport itself.

·
23,063 Posts
Eh, I also think it was a good match early on, especially in the tiebreaks, but only went so monotonous in the 5th Set with the stalemate.

·
Your visions will happen
47,128 Posts
His hand was half way up the grip.
2 hand BH players often practice off hand forehands. Sharapova does the lefty FH a lot

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
If you’re Kevin Anderson do you want to play Nadal in the final or Djokovic? Or do you just root for it to go on for 7 hours like his own semifinal did

·
Registered
206 Posts
Did Anderson say his Dad encouraged him to practice left handed at one stage? I may have got that wrong, but I thought he said something to that effect.

·
Registered
27,181 Posts
I only watched the from the third set tiebreak onwards but the match was actually pretty good in the fourth set. Both guys traded breaks with some insane return winners/passing shots and Isner was clinical with his net play. Obviously the match was poor after about 8-8 in the fifth when you've got two big guys who are getting more and more fatigued. Kanderson must have had a pretty insane W/UE ratio as well.

·
Registered
611 Posts
A classic match. Both players could have won in four and to Hell with a 5th set TB. The fact is, we hardly ever see a 5th set that goes beyind 7-5 so just enjoy it. How would you feel as Isner? I hope he sees it positively, and takes that W attitude into the US season. I don't see how Anderson will be able to walk in the Final, yet alone run. If Novak wins his one set tomorrow he is the overwhelming favorite but if he has to go for 2-3 hours it evens up, albeit just a wee bit. Rafa must be ruing his 4th set choke.

·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
If you’re Kevin Anderson do you want to play Nadal in the final or Djokovic? Or do you just root for it to go on for 7 hours like his own semifinal did
As KAndy's inofficial spokesman on mtf I and him obviously wished that both of them play a 7 hours long takig five sets match as they git even a day less to rest than Kev. However, given how improbably that is he'd be fine to play either one right now. Both have an outstanding ROS, Nadal a bit more penetrating with his fh and Djokovic's relentless consistency on his bh (which is imo probably one of the best 2hbh of all time, if not the best), they're gonna hurt him big time.

Although in contrary to last year's USO final - he admitted that at his pc yesternight - he's driven to win it all now unlike last year when his main goal was to make the Slam final. He's been in outstanding form ever since Madrid and you gotta begin to count on him for the big titles from now on. His baseline game is sharper than ever and his serve has improved a lot in terms of percentage. And if he loses the final to whoever again I'm just looking forward to what's coming next the upcoming months.

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
What I said is a fact to any reasonable adult that watched the entire match. You clearly didn't watch the entire match and even if you did, your celebrity and player-oriented love-in eclipses any passion you have for the sport itself.
Watched the 3rd and the 4th and I agree with Burrow it was a nice match, Kevin Anderson played a terrific return game in the 4th that is sadly not available on Youtube. The 3rd set tie break was epic as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts