Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I like Kei i have to admit that he has a pretty poor record in grand slams for someone thats supposed to be a top player and future slam winner. Only one quarter final and only 4 times has he even made the second week in 19 appearances. 3 of his deep runs have been at the australian open. He's 24 years old so still , potentially he has a good number of years ahead of him if he can stay healthy. Still though so far he's really only ever been a regular performer at the australian open.

Is this something that will improve or will he forever be a non factor at slams?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
He always looks tired and injured in slams, little pea heart needs to train harder and stop exiting in gutless tanking Tomic fashion in slams.

Kei future slam winner? Where do they say that in Japan?

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Nishikori is not a future slam winner. A future potential top player? Of course, I'm sure he'll have a rather good career and a good amount of titles. Slams though? I severely doubt that...

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
HE has a 28-19 record at Slams. Other future potential slam winners: Raonic (27-14), Dimitrov (12-15), JJ (15-8). Not bad compared to them. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Place Kei in Nadal's [email protected] USO or as 4th round @ Wimbledon and see the results if anyone wants to doubt his stamina/talent.

·
23,064 Posts
HE has a 28-19 record at Slams. Other future potential slam winners: Raonic (27-14), Dimitrov (12-15), JJ (15-8). Not bad compared to them. :shrug:
Cool stat for the Early 90's Gen (have to say JJ might be really bad right now but he does seem to go deeper at Slams for some reason -- surprised he has more wins than Dimitrov even if he was just in the Main Draw I presume for just that much! :eek:)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
kind of weak physically so I think he just gets worn out before the second week, happens to a lot of players. but particularly with Nishikori look at his build- he's a great fighter and ballstriker but his build is that of a teenage boy (or tall girl)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts