Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both really need a good sleep after so many endless successive tormenting midnight matches in a week.

·
Registered
893 Posts
:facepalm:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
No way, organizers are aware that Nadull needs as much help as possible to asterisk yet another Madrid title.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The organizer has the responsibility.
A few reasons:
1. Fair play. FP isn't one most important element of the sport?
2. For Dull. I'm sure Dull would feel guilty all life if he win this year on this kind deliberate discriminative conditions.
3. Madridards would like to attend Dull's matches at any time, no matter these matches going on Sunday or Monday.
4. This tournament need the support from the players out of Spain.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have to play in Rome next week. Delaying the final isn't helpful.
They all needn't play at the 1st round at Rome Open.

A perfect Madrid Final is 1000x important than a 2rd round match of Rome.

The organizer can sent the finals to Rome with a private jet.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I think it is stupid to have two Masters 1000 tournaments, one right after the other, two weeks in a row. At least IW and Miami are 12 day tournaments, so that players usually get a day off between matches. IMO it is obvious that the scheduling in Madrid is designed to favor Rafa over the other players, which is not fair.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So, the entire ATP calendar is designed to help RAfa ??
What next ?

What about something else for a change rather than just plain and stupid rants about JUST ONE PLAYER /

MTF theorem (1):

The amount of hatred a player gets on MTF is directly proprtional to the amount of heart burn he causes in the fanbase of his opponents .

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I think it is stupid to have two Masters 1000 tournaments, one right after the other, two weeks in a row. At least IW and Miami are 12 day tournaments, so that players usually get a day off between matches. IMO it is obvious that the scheduling in Madrid is designed to favor Rafa over the other players, which is not fair.
Do you want a week off before RG or a M1000 and RG the next week?

Yes Murray has had a hell of a 2 week period. Kei has had hard matches this week. Thats their profession.

·
The Master
1,102 Posts
Nadal getting lucky, what else is new?
His career is built on the foundational rock that is luck.

Jk, he's a bit lucky though, and at his level that makes all the difference.

Whatever, he will never earn the GOAT title through stacking clay titles, so let him win 20 Madrids.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It is harsh to be scheduled late (really late) night matches all week then play a final in the day while your opponent gets used to day conditions and has 10 hours more rest. I'm a bit surprised Rafa hadn't played any night match; I would have thought he'd be a great draw late at night.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
They all needn't play at the 1st round at Rome Open.

A perfect Madrid Final is 1000x important than a 2rd round match of Rome.

The organizer can sent the finals to Rome with a private jet.
Or Murray can drive there in his BMW, carrying Amelie along with his pregnant wife Brooklyn.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
It is harsh to be scheduled late (really late) night matches all week then play a final in the day while your opponent gets used to day conditions and has 10 hours more rest. I'm a bit surprised Rafa hadn't played any night match; I would have thought he'd be a great draw late at night.
How is this surprising?

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Final will be at 7 pm, so not that big disadvantage really. 23 hours is ok for Andy/Kei.

And i doubt Rafa will be there anyway.

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Madrid is a disgusting tournament, so not surprised about their bad schedule. Anyway, Nishikori will win the tournament if he keeps his level.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
The organizer has the responsibility.
A few reasons:
1. Fair play. FP isn't one most important element of the sport?
2. For Dull. I'm sure Dull would feel guilty all life if he win this year on this kind deliberate discriminative conditions.
3. Madridards would like to attend Dull's matches at any time, no matter these matches going on Sunday or Monday.
4. This tournament need the support from the players out of Spain.
1. They don't care about fair play there. Just look at Real Madrid for example.
2. Nadal has been winning this way for years - lucky draws, biased umpiring and favorable schedules and he does not feel guilty at all.
3. They also work Mondays in Spain - so no.
4. They will always have Copil.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Madrid is a disgusting tournament, so not surprised about their bad schedule. Anyway, Nishikori will win the tournament if he keeps his level.
Who hacked your account? :spit:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts