Both really need a good sleep after so many endless successive tormenting midnight matches in a week.
Do you want a week off before RG or a M1000 and RG the next week?I think it is stupid to have two Masters 1000 tournaments, one right after the other, two weeks in a row. At least IW and Miami are 12 day tournaments, so that players usually get a day off between matches. IMO it is obvious that the scheduling in Madrid is designed to favor Rafa over the other players, which is not fair.
Or Murray can drive there in his BMW, carrying Amelie along with his pregnant wife Brooklyn.They all needn't play at the 1st round at Rome Open.
A perfect Madrid Final is 1000x important than a 2rd round match of Rome.
The organizer can sent the finals to Rome with a private jet.
How is this surprising?It is harsh to be scheduled late (really late) night matches all week then play a final in the day while your opponent gets used to day conditions and has 10 hours more rest. I'm a bit surprised Rafa hadn't played any night match; I would have thought he'd be a great draw late at night.
1. They don't care about fair play there. Just look at Real Madrid for example.The organizer has the responsibility.
A few reasons:
1. Fair play. FP isn't one most important element of the sport?
2. For Dull. I'm sure Dull would feel guilty all life if he win this year on this kind deliberate discriminative conditions.
3. Madridards would like to attend Dull's matches at any time, no matter these matches going on Sunday or Monday.
4. This tournament need the support from the players out of Spain.