Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kei Nishikori has confirmed his withdrawal for the Cincinatti Masters after claiming he was "more tired than expected".
He is getting a rest for the US Open where he is defending many points after reaching the final last season.

Rest well, Samurai.:devil:

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
Hope Vasek is the lucky one who gets drawn into his spot in the draw.

Or does the draw get changed and the 9 seed Raonic go to Kei's spot?

·
Registered
781 Posts

Nope, OOP has already been made, so no moving the seeds anymore.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

The Lucky Loser spot has gone to Benoit Paire.

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
The Lucky Loser spot has gone to Benoit Paire.
It's a random draw between the 2 highest ranked losers according to the rules(Paire, and Johnson), and whoever gets the spot wouldn't be directly inserted into that spot in the draw since the Q's haven't been placed yet. It could be Pospisil, or any qualifier for that matter.

·
Premium Member
9,070 Posts
Thanfully Nishikori once again gets exposed to the entire world for his tremendous sportmanship by withdrawing after the first match.

·
Registered
22,598 Posts
Thanfully Nishikori once again gets exposed to the entire world for his tremendous sportmanship by withdrawing after the first match.
huh? Nothing would have changed had he withdrew this morning. Qualifying had started, once that happens the draw doesn't change.

·
Premium Member
9,070 Posts
huh? Nothing would have changed had he withdrew this morning. Qualifying had started, once that happens the draw doesn't change.
Well that sure sucks, what does Qualifing have to do with Main Draw. ATP once again showing how smart they are :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Can you withdraw from a Masters 1000 just for being "tired"? :confused:

Don't get me wrong -- I could see that he was barely moving in the match vs Murray so I'm guessing he has an injury. But wouldn't that injury then be the reason for the withdrawal?

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Wait, so Milosh is not going to be bumped up to #8 (and receive a first round bye)?

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
BTW where did you get this info? Can't seem to find a source anywhere

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Wait, so Milosh is not going to be bumped up to #8 (and receive a first round bye)?
Nope. He was locked into his position in the draw when Sundays OOP was released yesterday evening.

Now... if the First Round started Monday, there would have been a good chance he would have taken Nishikoris slot as the OOP for tomorrow has yet to be released.

·
Registered
29,204 Posts
Probably the smartest choice if he feels like that. Doesn't wanna invite another injury.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Can you withdraw from a Masters 1000 just for being "tired"? :confused:

Don't get me wrong -- I could see that he was barely moving in the match vs Murray so I'm guessing he has an injury. But wouldn't that injury then be the reason for the withdrawal?
I think "fatigue" has been cited as the reason for withdrawing by a lot of players.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I think "fatigue" has been cited as the reason for withdrawing by a lot of players.
In this case, it's down in the draw as "hip".

1 - 20 of 61 Posts