Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not entirely surprised about this. When he came back in 2018 after the wrist layoff, he had reconfigured his FH and serve. They both looked noticeably different. The FH seem truncated but was patchy and inconsistent on power and control. The serve actually was more potent in some ways, peaking at Wimbledon 2018 and Tokyo/Vienna, but looked a little unnatural. It's an awkward time to have to adjust some key elements of the game but I hope whatever he does will minimise the wrist Kei will also start his season with a new coach in tow (Max Mirnyi) who replaces long time coach Dante Bottini.

Japanese tennis star Kei Nishikori used his time off the court to study some technical aspects of his game and now he hopes to improve his serve and some other parts of his game when he makes a comeback. Nishikori, ranked at No.

13 in the world, is missing the start of the new season as he still isn't ready to play after undergoing an elbow surgery in October. The Japanese pulled out of the inaugural ATP Cup and Australian Open but he could make a comeback at a Challenger event in late January or early February.

"Reflecting on the elbow injury, I found some issues in my serve and forehand that caused elbow injury and also found some weak points on my body that should be fixed, so I'll try to improve my serve and some technical aspects," Nishikori told Nikkan Sports, as revealed by Seiadoumogera/Twitter.

"Many people have pointed out that my way of hitting could stress the elbow, so it's a good opportunity to review how to move my whole body, including not only elbow but lower body. Through discussions with many peoples, I'm kind of restarting."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts