Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I used to eat McDonald's, I had to eat something so I had no choice," he said, speaking to British press in Rome. "I think it was good that I went to the U.S., because after a couple of years, I got much bigger in height and more weight. The taste wasn't the best, but it was good for me, good for the body. Japanese food is healthy but it doesn't get you much bigger."

If this is exactly what he said, I have lost all respect for the guy. Endor$ing a food chain that spreads diabetes worldwide.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015...an-food-improved-physique/54949/#.VV2stfmqqko

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Kei in 2016 after losing his third GS final.

·
Premium Member
21,341 Posts

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
Both Nishikori and OP showing little knowledge of food.

McDonalds doesn't make you fat. Eating a lot of food does.
Are bakeries and supermarkets also spreading diabetes? Just because someone sells a hamburger doesn't mean you have to eat a dozen of them daily.
Have you guys seen the amount of fat in their products compared to protein and carbs?

I tried to add a McChicken to my diet one day when I wasn't feeling like cooking. There's no way you can balance it out normally (getting enough protein) without getting way too much fat. You can compensate with a protein shake but you can't even balance out the carbs. McDonalds is terrible for anyone trying to build muscles or even trying to stay healthy.

So yeah, McDonalds is definitel bad.

And Nishikori. :facepalm:

·
Registered
19,278 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
:lol:

McDonalds is just as fat as getting a kebab or anykind of burger really lol

It's problematic if you eat 5 days a week there, if you eat once every ten days it's absolutely harmless, especially if you skip the coke and change it with mineral water.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Have you guys seen the amount of fat in their products compared to protein and carbs?

I tried to add a McChicken to my diet one day when I wasn't feeling like cooking. There's no way you can balance it out normally (getting enough protein) without getting way too much fat. You can compensate with a protein shake but you can't even balance out the carbs. McDonalds is terrible for anyone trying to build muscles or even trying to stay healthy.

So yeah, McDonalds is definitel bad.
I'm not saying it isn't 'bad food', but it's not in itself causing fatness/diabetes and stuff like that. It's the people that overeat on it. You're talking as if one day of mcChicken will give you superaids.

And I've balanced it out in my (bulking/maintenance) diet a lot of times without too many problems. I'm sure there were healthier ways to come to that but eating it occasionaly isn't that horrible.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
LOL. Surely he's talking about American food in general in the second part of that, not exactly exclusively about McDonald's. There are gazillions of McDonald's in Japan as well, after all.

It's mostly genetics, though. East Asians are just generally a little shorter, and more importantly lighter and slimmer in terms of body structure than Europeans etc if around the same height.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
People should be free to eat anything they want without food nutrition/veggie eating/righteous nazi police telling them what to do.

I don't eat there, don't like it, but if Kei liked McDonald and it makes him feel good, who are you to judge him? :yeah:

·
Banned
4,868 Posts
People should be free to eat anything they want without food nutrition/veggie eating/righteous nazi police telling them what to do.

I don't eat there, don't like it, but if Kei liked McDonald and it makes him feel good, who are you to judge him? :yeah:
:facepalm:

After all, Kei is just a regular bloke working in the office 8 hours a day. He pays his taxes and love his wife and kids. He should definitely be allowed to eat whatever he wants. It's not like he's a professional athlete trying to win Slams, right?

Anywho, OP probably took it out of context. No way he's talking about McDonalds being good for him.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,561 Posts
I think McDonald's is simply an exemplar. Yes, he used to have McDonald's but he eats other stuff as well. The main point is to say the diet in US is much easier to increase body size than a traditional Japanese diet and I would probably agree. He's not endorsing McDonald's by any means or saying that's it is responsible for his physique - instead, he takes the US eating lifestyle as a whole in retrospect.

OP...FYI: The title does say "Nishikori credits American food for improved physique" not "Nishikori credits McDonald's for improved physique"

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
At least McDonald's customer service within Japan is much better than USA.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If Kei farts, will that be in the news also ? Wake me when he wins any Master 1000 tournament.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
"I used to eat McDonald's, I had to eat something so I had no choice," he said, speaking to British press in Rome. "I think it was good that I went to the U.S., because after a couple of years, I got much bigger in height and more weight. The taste wasn't the best, but it was good for me, good for the body. Japanese food is healthy but it doesn't get you much bigger."

If this is exactly what he said, I have lost all respect for the guy. Endor$ing a food chain that spreads diabetes worldwide.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2015...an-food-improved-physique/54949/#.VV2stfmqqko
Michael Phelps has openly admitted that he eats McDonalds all the time, and Usain Bolt ate chicken nuggets write before breaking the World Record in 100m in London.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/11/04...ng-diet-of-1000-chicken-mcnuggets-in-10-days/

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
you can eat mcdonalds and not get fat here people.as long as you eat it in moderation andnot every day .its the same rule with any unhealthy food.if you dont shove it in your face all the time and enjoy it once in a while i dont see the problem.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts