Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
52,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New season, new racket, new aspirations.

Let's hope he can do very well in Brisbane, maybe break that title drought. :armed:

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
He is aiming for top 5 finish to 2019.
I think he had a good claycourt and hardcourt season last year.
He will gain points from AO and IW, so might as well do it.

·
52,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In other news it took 84 years but he wins a title.

·
52,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
He is aiming for top 5 finish to 2019.
I think he had a good claycourt and hardcourt season last year.
He will gain points from AO and IW, so might as well do it.
Clay court was pretty good if not for bumping into Djokovic so early and Thiem at RG.

HC was steady buildup, looked trash in Acapulco, Miami, wayward in Washington, Toronto and Cincinnati, then from there he managed QFs or better in all events, played up better in slower NY conditions, then started to feel more natural in Tokyo and Shanghai. That match against Federer though he lost was a sign he was working things out. Indoors mixed bag, was awfully close in Vienna, and I think he never acclimatized to London despite being gifted a win by Federer but a long season will do that.

So far looking fairly confident. He should have finished the match more convincingly yesterday judging by the return pts won margin. Not yet at full capacity but enjoying himself on court.

Needs to work hard cos the nextgen are tough cookies.

Serve is also a big indicator, Dimitrov match was the best serving performance from Kei in a long time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this the sub-forum where we discuss about Kei only? :grin2:

I expect big things from our Samurai this season, he has already ended his title drought 0:)

Unfortunately, a slam seems unlikely because of Djokovic who is sadly too strong for Kei and it seems he has a vendetta against Kei :sad:

However, a master is definitely possible. :wink2: If we have seen players like Zverev, Kachahanov wins masters, then why not Kei? He just needs a bit more luck. Unfortunately for Kei, he is a very unlucky player. :| He always had to face Djokovic and Nadal in his masters finals :( He is also had to fight off many injury woes.

But no matter, I am sure Kei can win a big title this year, if God exists, he will make it happen! :grin2:

·
52,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the sub-forum where we discuss about Kei only? :grin2:

I expect big things from our Samurai this season, he has already ended his title drought 0:)

Unfortunately, a slam seems unlikely because of Djokovic who is sadly too strong for Kei and it seems he has a vendetta against Kei :sad:

However, a master is definitely possible. :wink2: If we have seen players like Zverev, Kachahanov wins masters, then why not Kei? He just needs a bit more luck. Unfortunately for Kei, he is a very unlucky player. :| He always had to face Djokovic and Nadal in his masters finals :( He is also had to fight off many injury woes.

But no matter, I am sure Kei can win a big title this year, if God exists, he will make it happen! :grin2:
yes :hysteric:

but this is such a graveyard that even I rarely frequent this joint because barely anyone posts in the subforum. But anyway do join live commentary thread in general messages and the results thread. And yeah you can post anything you like here.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread @MWW I kept trying to build the players' forums back for some time, but for the most part I was talking to myself in the forums :sad:

Kei won his match in Rotterdam in 3 sets against Herbert. I also saw Kei take a fall in the match which I could have done without. He didn't appear to be hurt, but with his health situation he really doesn't need any falls.

·
52,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for starting this thread @MWW I kept trying to build the players' forums back for some time, but for the most part I was talking to myself in the forums :sad:

Kei won his match in Rotterdam in 3 sets against Herbert. I also saw Kei take a fall in the match which I could have done without. He didn't appear to be hurt, but with his health situation he really doesn't need any falls.
that was pretty darn terrifying. It was about a game away too.

He's a good tumbler though, that was quite a great 'save' of a fall he sort of quickly rolled to reduce the impact and didn't need any treatment or anything, got up right away. He's not called Ninja for nothing.

Novak on the other hand seems to graze and knock himself fairly badly when he slips.

Uf2iVhEFF2Q?start=567

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
that was pretty darn terrifying. It was about a game away too.

He's a good tumbler though, that was quite a great 'save' of a fall he sort of quickly rolled to reduce the impact and didn't need any treatment or anything, got up right away. He's not called Ninja for nothing.

Novak on the other hand seems to graze and knock himself fairly badly when he slips.

Uf2iVhEFF2Q?start=567
The commentator mentioned his ability to turn the fall into a roll. Good job for the Ninja :yeah: I would just have soon not had to have seen his Ninja power myself. I really worry about his health all the time!

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
To bring Kei's year up to date in Rotterdam he defeated Gublis, Fucsovics, before the loss to Wawrinka. Next he went to Dubai where he defeated Paire, but lost to Hurkacz. On to Indian Wells where he had a first Rd BYE, defeated Mannarino, before again losing to Hurkacz. Currently he is in Miami where he had a first Rd BYE and will now play Lajovic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts