Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First title for the young Serb in Kitzbühel final, beating Hanfmann 6-4, 6-4. Hopefully we can see plenty more from him in the coming years.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Hopefully the first of many.

Kecmanovic reminds me a bit of Nalbandian (but without the returning skills).

·
Premium Member
9,298 Posts
If only Nishikori didn't choke his match against him.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good! I recall watching him play a couple times and I liked what I saw, wish him greater achievements in the future 👍

·
Registered
127 Posts
Apart from Novak, and Tipsaravic, I get all the other Serbian players mixed up.

Which one is this? They all blur into one.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
It's the most pathetic event that I can recall seeing. Of course it counts, though!
There are no "pathetic" events at ATP level, and I love seeing guys get a crack at a run and money and points that wouldn't necessarily get the chance.

Plus if you want to play the "look at the rankings" card, it's no different than Pune, Houston, New York, the Chinese 250s, etc.. etc...

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
There are no "pathetic" events at ATP level, and I love seeing guys get a crack at a run and money and points that wouldn't necessarily get the chance.

Plus if you want to play the "look at the rankings" card, it's no different than Pune, Houston, New York, the Chinese 250s, etc.. etc...
I agree! I'm only saying that this is the weakest level of play that I can recall ever having seen in the latter half of an ATP event. That's all I mean.

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
Why? Not the most athletic outhere, solid/compact groundstrokes which are quite heavy and penetrating. No real weak side but forehand more prone to let him down when under pressure.

Kecmanovic will only get better.
The only similarity I can see is a technicality on the forehand side which only applies when Miomir Kecmanović in in an optimal position on the baseline with the opportunity to play an offensive stroke. Specifically, it is the take back, which is actually very similar. But it's so insignificant that in any other position, he plays the stroke in a completely different way, when it was David Nalbandian's modus operandi.

In terms of the actual production, I feel that David Nalbandian had a lot more to give. He was unpredictable and mixed up the spin of his groundstrokes more than almost anyone, which was quite a unique trait. The difference in flair is obviously large.

Who knows, you might end up right if the guy keeps developing. I will keep an eye on it and I will certainly mention if I go back on my initial thoughts. Who wouldn't want another Fat Dave?

·
Registered
751 Posts
👏

1 - 20 of 24 Posts