Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:worship: incredible. Only 183 aces off Goran's record of 10,183. Should break the record by YE.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,582 Posts
:worship: incredible. Only 183 aces off Goran's record of 10,183. Should break the record by YE.
Actually fewer than that needed, since he reached the 10000 but would have surpassed that having served a couple of more service games and the TB after that.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
:worship: well done. Ivanisevic's record definitely in trouble.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Man, that's a lot of aces.

·
53,582 Posts
Man, that's a lot of aces.
Assuming Karlovic gets love holds based on aces all the time, 10000/4 = 2500 love hold ace games.
If he wins in straight sets BO3 format require 6 love service holds, (ignoring TB), that would be 2500/6 = c. 417 sets wons by aces alone, or 208 straight set matches.
If he wins in three sets BO3, then that would be 417/3 = 139 matches won by aces in three sets. Mindblowing stuff.

And of course Karlovic doesn't just win pts through aces...unreturnables and service winners/volleys all do damage too. Monster server.

·
Registered
27,243 Posts
10/10 botting.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

·
Registered
29,237 Posts
Congrats, doc.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Milestone.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Does he have a doctrine degree? Why is everyone calling him Dr.? Does he have a degree in serving techniques or what?
Anyway, he's about 10 years younger than me. It's nice to know someone around my age is still doing so well. I remember when I was competing as a tennis player, I would always think I would have to finish before reaching 30. Nowadays, turning 30 isn't such a big deal any more. This makes me wonder if I should have continued longer, though I was just a weekend tournament player. What do you think?

·
53,582 Posts
Does he have a doctrine degree? Why is everyone calling him Dr.? Does he have a degree in serving techniques or what?
Anyway, he's about 10 years younger than me. It's nice to know someone around my age is still doing so well. I remember when I was competing as a tennis player, I would always think I would have to finish before reaching 30. Nowadays, turning 30 isn't such a big deal any more. This makes me wonder if I should have continued longer, though I was just a weekend tournament player. What do you think?
I'm not sure where he got that moniker from (likely a degree in serving techniques as you said :haha:) but it's stuck on the tennis world (not just this forum). Rumour has it Dr. Ivo is supposed to be a take on Dr. Evil (of Austin Powers fame).

Regarding his age, well it's his serve keeping him there. The serve doesn't tend to fluctuate in power with age, especially if you got one that could be the greatest all time first serve. Also the fact primarily he wins pts based on serve. (I doubt a Djokovic could last that well after 35, in terms of his athleticism. He'll definitely start to feel it.) So I'm not surprised he's continuing to play on the tour at his age. He might even get 40 (Rosewall like) and only retire on his own terms. I can see John Isner still having a decent career post 30s given how he ripped through Atlanta and clutched his way to the F (beat Johnson, saving 3 MPs) and it took a zoning Nishikori to finally stop him at Washington final.

·
Registered
10,617 Posts
It comes from Dr. Ivo Robotnik. ;)

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Big man. With this incredible serve, he does deserve to have such records on his name.

I think he'll have Goran's record beaten by the end of USO, ajde.

·
Registered
212 Posts
He will go on at least five more years. He will end his career with a GS win!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts