Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek:
He defeated Vanek, Chiudinelli 6-3 6-2 and Zabaleta 6-4 6-1 last year, but I don't remember him beating anybody by this score, I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened yet on the ATP tour :woohoo:
He wasn't serving at his best, but he was returning pretty well and Rochus was far from playing his best. Nice score for Ivo, revenged his loss against C.Rochus in Doha :devil:
Good luck against Berdych, if it's Ljubicic then I want an interesting match :)

·
Registered
32,170 Posts
Rotterdam R1: Dr.Ivo def. Olivier Rochus 6-1 6-2

:worship:

Ivo won 51% of return points,and broke Ollie 4 times (out of 7 attempts).

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Re: Rotterdam R1: Dr.Ivo def. Olivier Rochus 6-1 6-2

The best thing about this match was the handshake... :lol:

Nah, pretty okay from Ivo, Rochus = MIA.
Thanks for the cash btw Dr. Ivo! :hatoff:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
Perfect match by Karlovic :) He easily outplayed Rochus from the baseline. Ivo played even backhand-overhead dropshot what is unusual. On the other hand Rochus completely without commitment.
Ivo like in his previous match against Baghdatis, didn't serve an ace "on the advantage side / down the T".

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

How is that possible? Everyone says all Ivo can do is serve. :)

·
Registered
770 Posts

That was just sad.

Rochus is a cute little munchkin. The crowd giggling at the post match handshake was funny.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts

SLAUGHTER

and they say the small men trouble Ivo...

·
Registered
9,005 Posts

I like Ivo, but Rochus' level today was beyond pathetic.

He belongs to the challenger level right now.

And small men trouble Ivo: just ask Santoro! :p

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Perfect match by Karlovic :) He easily outplayed Rochus from the baseline. Ivo played even backhand-overhead dropshot what is unusual. On the other hand Rochus completely without commitment.
Ivo like in his previous match against Baghdatis, didn't serve an ace "on the advantage side / down the T".
Right,by the way he didn't have to serve here,he was serving on Rochus backhand 80% of the time.Rochus wasn't reacting at all on this side,that's maybe why Rochus is easy to ace.

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
expected one. Rochus is HORRIBLE now.

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Not exactly a match for the history books, that.

Rochus was touching his right shoulder throughout the match, moving his right arm around that shoulder joint + he never looked to be really into the match.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Ollie has a career-threatening shoulder injury, so his demise today isn't a surprise...even if the scoreline is more unflattering than perhaps expected.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts

Andre♥;6596026 said:
I like Ivo, but Rochus' level today was beyond pathetic.

He belongs to the challenger level right now.

And small men trouble Ivo: just ask Santoro! :p
i agree.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
:eek:
He defeated Vanek, Chiudinelli 6-3 6-2 and Zabaleta 6-4 6-1 last year, but I don't remember him beating anybody by this score, I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened yet on the ATP tour :woohoo:
He wasn't serving at his best, but he was returning pretty well and Rochus was far from playing his best. Nice score for Ivo, revenged his loss against C.Rochus in Doha :devil:
Good luck against Berdych, if it's Ljubicic then I want an interesting match :)
i remember him bagelling alex bogomolov jr in queens quali two years ago but karlovic retired from that match eventually. 0-6 0-1*

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Oli, please place an ad to find your form back.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Seems both Rochus brothers should retire, Christophe lost 6-0 6-2 to Smeets in qualifying. Maybe they can enter the paralympics together (dwarf category).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts