Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From BBC Sport, today:

Former world number one tennis player Yevgeny Kafelnikov finished last as he endured a nightmare European Tour golf debut at the Russian Open in Moscow.
The Russian, who retired from tennis last year, carded dismal rounds of 88 and 96 to end the event 40 over par.

His 184-total was also 40 shots off the cut and a massive 50 behind Sweden's second-round leader Fredrik Widmark.

Kafelnikov, who received a wildcard into the event, won the French and Australian Opens in his tennis career.

He followed in the footsteps of another former tennis world number one Ivan Lendl.

The Czech-born American, winner of eight Grand Slam titles in tennis, birdied his first hole on his debut in the 1996 Czech Open but then bombed to an 82, missing the cut.

Kafelnikov also said he hoped to become a professional poker player after retiring from tennis.

·
F***ing have it
17,947 Posts
:hearts: :hearts: i miss him so much :sad:

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
what a shame...

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Draper might not've been able to take a set from Kafelnikov in tennis, but I think it's safe to say he'd kick his arse in golf :)

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
He tryed poker :D now hes moving onto golf. There are 8 year old kids who could post better scores than him at golf :help:
40 over par, is an awful score for a poor amateur (let alone someone trying to play in this kind of tournament).

·
F***ing have it
17,947 Posts
CooCooCachoo said:
:haha: 40 over par!

I think he placed a bet against himself.
:haha: :haha:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts