Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I only watched the last few games. But according to the statistics, Zverev made zero double faults in spite of only having 56% of the first service in field. I guess that's something.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Man Sascha absolutely destroyed that Spanish lefthander. Nadal was so lucky that Sascha got sick at the French :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,064 Posts
0 DFs with a 66% first serve percentage, that is honestly progress. Although the DFs tend to creep up mainly in tense moments of the match and there were none here.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Glad to see Sascha back in at least this sort of form on his home soil. Looked pretty good to me, even though Verdasco is not one of those opponents he needed to work that hard against this time - but I'm only saying this based on those bits and pieces that I saw of this match, which wasn't a whole lot.

Maybe he's not a lost case after all and is heading for the right direction? Who really knows based on this match solely, as there's been so many ups and downs for him during the last few years.

Always good for tennis should we manage to have a wider talented & competitive field of younger players, who will not crack under pressure (!), so no matter what some may think of Sascha's personality, antics & playing style - which I'm not particularly fond of either most of the time, as can see he'd be able to do so much more damage by making a few changes and adding variation - I'm hoping he'll get it together soon.

It also seems to me he's become a bit more humble on and off court lately, which to me is a good thing. Whether that'll stay that way or not, if he starts climbing up the rankings again and stops losing to those younger than him, is another thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts