Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
22,662 Posts
Nice to see they managed social distancing for all of 0.5 seconds.
People have come together in thousands storming the streets in your country, nobody cares anymore.

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
People have come together in thousands storming the streets in your country, nobody cares anymore.
I care about tennis. Seems that Novak, Grigor, Zverevs, Domi, etc care too.
I like that crowd and topic better.

·
justice for all
18,910 Posts
All fine, bro, but is this no-event really a thread-worthy stuff?

·
Registered
22,662 Posts
Anything tennis involving these men is thread worthy right now.

Reactions: dDreamer

·
Banned
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, you did notice that there are no other events in tennis going on, didn't you?
Also - it's kinda nice when a friend picks up a friend at the airport, even though he's a Legend and a GOAT.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
And presumably real men don't care about spreading it to their wives and elderly parents and immuno-compromised neighbours?

I think you're confusing being a "real man" with being a "selfish arsehole".
Don't you think it's a lot more reasonable to expect the elderly and immuno-compromised individuals to be the ones following strict orders and maintaining social distancing rather than Djokovic, who is at no risk from getting sick from COVID-19? What do you expect, everyone to remain in a bunker like you? Now that's selfish.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The quarantine in the Balkan countries is over. When we stayed strictly at home, in other countries people were flooding the beaches. That made the easing of the measures possible and now we enjoy almost normal life.

·
God loves a trier
4,828 Posts
Don't you think it's a lot more reasonable to expect the elderly and immuno-compromised individuals to be the ones following strict orders and maintaining social distancing rather than Djokovic, who is at no risk from getting sick from COVID-19? What do you expect, everyone to remain in a bunker like you? Now that's selfish.
No, because Djokovic can spread the disease to his wife, his children and his parents and other tennis players, who spread it to their wives, their children, their parents. And then you get out-of-control community transmission and end up infecting health care workers, who die needlessly because of your irresponsibility.

That's not some imagined scenario either. It's what happened in Italy and France and elsewhere a very short time ago.

As for me, I'm built like a tank and not scared in the slightest for myself. But I take precautions to protect others.

·
God loves a trier
4,828 Posts
You didn't answer the question.
Oh, I thought I was pretty clear.

The elderly and immuno-compromised are already cocooning, but if community transmission gets out of hand, then they will be severely at risk anyway despite their best efforts.

And lots of doctors and nurses will die, just as they did in Italy and Spain and Britain and the USA.

So do I think that doctors and nurses should be forced to risk their lives just because selfish idiots don't want to take a few reasonable precautions (such as not hugging each other)?

No, no I don't.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Nobody is forcing the elderly or immuno-compromised to be anywhere near Djokovic, his wife or kids. Or to be around anyone who could potentially be a carrier of the virus. The elderly and immuno-compromised should assume everyone has the virus and never let their guard down. Also, a lot of doctors and nurses die because of unsafe work conditions. They were not destined to die; they died because the hospitals did not protect them adequately enough. Take it up with them and not Djokovic.

·
God loves a trier
4,828 Posts
Nobody is forcing the elderly or immuno-compromised to be anywhere near Djokovic, his wife or kids. Or to be around anyone who could potentially be a carrier of the virus. The elderly and immuno-compromised should assume everyone has the virus and never let their guard down. Also, a lot of doctors and nurses die because of unsafe work conditions. They were not destined to die; they died because the hospitals did not protect them adequately enough. Take it up with them and not Djokovic.
a) COMMUNITY TRANSMISSION. Try to understand what that means. If Djokovic spreads the coronavirus to 5 people and his wife spreads it to 5 people and his kids spread it to 5 people, that's a lot of people, some of whom will inevitably pass it on to vulnerable people.

b) A lot of doctors and nurses died of CORONAVIRUS, the spread of which all responsible people are trying to contain.

c) Real men don't carelessly endanger the lives of the vulnerable.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I feel like you're just parroting yourself now, and my answer will be the same. You're also not a real man - far from it. You're also very selfish. How dare you advocate for the world to remain in a bunker, cowering in fear like you? How dare you try to shame Djokovic and other tennis players, who are trying to uplift billions of people around the world and give humanity something to cheer for? By the way, there are so many five-year-olds who are less afraid and have more common sense than you. I'm sorry to tell you, but there are many five-year-olds who are more manly than you.

·
God loves a trier
4,828 Posts
You're also not a real man - far from it. You're also very selfish. How dare you advocate for the world to remain in a bunker, cowering in fear like you?
Lol, I'm not cowering in fear, bud. I just try to minimise the risk of me contracting and inadvertently spreading the virus by taking sensible precautions.

As for me not being "manly", seeing as you think that manliness consists in selfishly exposing vulnerable people to risk, I take that as a compliment.

I'm sorry to tell you, but there are many five-year-olds who are more manly than you.
And that's just the girls (boom-tish).

1 - 20 of 105 Posts