Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tennishighlights.eu/rafael-nadal-vs-novak-djokovic-roland-garros-2014-final-highlights-hd/

Some Djokotards still complain about Pascal Maria's line call early in the 3rd set of FO 2013 on break point down at 0*-1 , claiming that the point "handed" Nadal the set and was one of the big reasons why Djokovic lost (other being the net touch, of course). Of course he collapsed and lost the rest of the set 6-1, but even after the bad call it was only 0-2 and there were still 4 Nadal service games to get a break.

So in FO 2014 this situation: Djokovic serving up a break at 5-3 first set, down 30-40. Second serve was long (according to Hawk-eye), and if called correctly, its back on serve at 4*-5. Instead, play continues and Djokovic wins the point and the set. If Djokovic loses that point, he's about 60% to win the set, but since he won that point, its back to deuce and he's about 90% to win the set now, a huge point, much more important than the point Djokovic lost due to a bad call in 2013.

It doesn't really matter that Nadal eventually came back and won the match, its the idea that every player has bad calls go against them. He wasn't good enough to come back, whereas Djokovic couldn't pull it off in 2013. Not a Nadal fan at all, but tired of the bullshit that one call "cost" Djokovic the match or that it was rigged in Favor of Nadal. He had plenty of other chances as well.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
http://tennishighlights.eu/rafael-nadal-vs-novak-djokovic-roland-garros-2014-final-highlights-hd/

Some Djokotards still complain about Pascal Maria's line call early in the 3rd set of FO 2013 on break point down at 0*-1 , claiming that the point "handed" Nadal the set and was one of the big reasons why Djokovic lost (other being the net touch, of course). Of course he collapsed and lost the rest of the set 6-1, but even after the bad call it was only 0-2 and there were still 4 Nadal service games to get a break.

So in FO 2014 this situation: Djokovic serving up a break at 5-3 first set, down 30-40. Second serve was long (according to Hawk-eye), and if called correctly, its back on serve at 4*-5. Instead, play continues and Djokovic wins the point and the set. If Djokovic loses that point, he's about 60% to win the set, but since he won that point, its back to deuce and he's about 90% to win the set now, a huge point, much more important than the point Djokovic lost due to a bad call in 2013.

It doesn't really matter that Nadal eventually came back and won the match, its the idea that every player has bad calls go against them. He wasn't good enough to come back, whereas Djokovic couldn't pull it off in 2013. Not a Nadal fan at all, but tired of the bullshit that one call "cost" Djokovic the match or that it was rigged in Favor of Nadal. He had plenty of other chances as well.
zzzzzz. This is pure anti Novak BS. :facepalm:

It was not one call in 2013. There was another in the first set that basically cost Novak that set too. Also there was 4-5 other calls in not so crucial moments that Pascal Maria did override and all controversial and all in favor of Nadal. It was clear daylight robbery that decided the match. Without those calls in 2013 Nadal loses the match. Plain and simple.

The call in 2014 is not clear at all. It is not certain it was out. Nadal could have stopped play and asked Pascal Maria to read the mark but he didn't. HIs fault. Novak didn't have that option in 2013 after Pascal Maria lied on all those overrules. Also this didn't decide the outcome of the match at all in 2014. Novak being sick, puking on the court and running out of steam due to sickness decided the match in 2014.

So completely different situation. Stop BSing. Thanks.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
I'm not really sure what's the point of this thread. I've watched the highlights and what :lol:. If I remember correctly I was the first 'Djokotard' who congratulated Nadal :) ...

Dude, sorry this thread is so silly ... You didn't even see the match ,,,

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

It was not one call in 2013. There was another in the first set that basically cost Novak that set too. Also there was 4-5 other calls in not so crucial moments that Pascal Maria did override and all controversial and all in favor of Nadal. It was clear daylight robbery that decided the match. Without those calls in 2013 Nadal loses the match. Plain and simple.

The call in 2014 is not clear at all. It is not certain it was out. Nadal could have stopped play and asked Pascal Maria to read the mark but he didn't. HIs fault. Novak didn't have that option in 2013 after Pascal Maria lied on all those overrules. Also this didn't decide the outcome of the match at all in 2014. Novak being sick, puking on the court and running out of steam due to sickness decided the match in 2014.

:worship:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

:confused::confused::confused: Hawkeye confirmed it was out. If you don't believe Hawkeye, then maybe the calls in 2013 weren't wrong either, according to you. :shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
why are novak fans so defensive?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not really sure what's the point of this thread. I've watched the highlights and what :lol:. If I remember correctly I was the first 'Djokotard' who congratulated Nadal :) ...

Dude, sorry this thread is so silly ... You didn't even see the match ,,,
And yes, I did watch the match. I didn't notice at the time the second serve was out on the broadcast since it's basically impossible in real time, and none of the commentators mentioned it. Only watching these highlights did Hawkeye show it to be out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Very valid point by OP....this is a good thread.....unfortunately some of the federer fans who pretend to be djokovic fans...they always bring this If that, If this etc....instead of giving credit to Nadal on his wins...they brought up like djoker didnt win because of that and because of this BS.

Similar situation Nadal faced in 2014 FO and he could come back and win the title.

Good post OP.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
it's a pity non of them will be in this year's final, could have been a good one

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
why are novak fans so defensive?
Nothing defensive. Just don't like when slams are stolen from Novak the way RG 2013 was stolen by Pascal Maria.
And than some ignorant people open threads like this to justify the robbery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts