Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Exactly Is The Title Actually Open To?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of talk about this being the most open RG in years and I can't argue that. Nadal in shit/streaky form. Djokovic injured and also not in the best form. Federer rusty from baby break and choking finals. Wawrinka streaky as fuck.

Not to mention: the rise of Clayray 5.0 OBE, Nishikori (when healthy), RBA, Dimitrov, Claynic, etc.

So I ask you is it a case of Roland Garros being fully open to any of the top 25 or so and anyone could make a fluke run to the title OR is it just Nadal and Djokovic, or somewhere in between?

The floors is yours.

·
Bunned!
3,050 Posts
Your signature gives me motion sickness

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I would really be shocked if anybody but Nadal or Dojokvic is hoisting that trophy..Nadal is either sent packing in the first week by some obscure journeyman from east Europe or he's winning this thing. At worst, he would finally be succumbing to Nole in Clay war reminiscent of AO'12..These gimps are struggling to take two sets off this Mediocre-dal in Rome, they would have to take three off him on Chatrier :superlol:..Good luck with that..

Djokovic will be more ripe for the taking by Top 8 players (Wawa, Federer, Ferrer etc..) with that wrist, but I guess he's still tough to shake in a best of five no matter..Only Nadal has the mental upperhand in the Slams over him..

Who is going to survive 7 BO5 Clay slugfests?

Inconsistent-rinka
MentalMidget-rrer
Fragilikori
Double-twin-rer

Don't see it..

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I am seeing an easy win for Nadal.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
It seems to be 'more open' then in previous years but I still think it will be all about Nadal and Djokovic. Upsets are possible, there are many players who play well on clay this year but, but, but ... we'll see.

btw, I voted for JG of course :lol:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Groove will rise

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Well I still think Nadal will win, especially if he avoids Novak or if Novak plays like he has been doing recently. More open than previous years sure, but I still expect the usual suspects to be there at the end.

·
Registered
21,308 Posts
Apparently unless Nadal is actually really injured, like he was against Stan, the only person who can ever beat him regardless of his form is Nole, and Nole is looking not a 100% at the moment. Another boring RG is ahead.

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Ask me again tomorrow

·
Registered
28,788 Posts
Good question. If not Nadal then who is the form player right now? Federer?
Stop this pathetic baiting. Djokovic may well beat Nadal in RG. Ferrer & Murray have a chance too, hell even guys like Nishikori aren't completely outruled.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I'll believe it's actually "open" when Nadal loses, not a moment before.
"When". You're obviously more confident about that than I am.

It seems to be 'more open' then in previous years but I still think it will be all about Nadal and Djokovic. Upsets are possible, there are many players who play well on clay this year but, but, but ... we'll see.
Well I still think Nadal will win, especially if he avoids Novak or if Novak plays like he has been doing recently. More open than previous years sure, but I still expect the usual suspects to be there at the end.
I'm still thinking it's likely to be same old same old. Nadal may have been sub-par by his standards, but I suspect he's coming into form just in time.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts