·
Registered
1,345 Posts
so happy for hurgen! keep it up!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,262 ·
I had high hopes for Phillipp and Jurgen in doubles, but today they lost in the first roound.

Melzer/Petzschner L Aspelin/Hanley 2-6, 7-6 (4), 12-14

Close but still a loss.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,263 ·
Miami is a scary place today with Tornado warnings and thunderstrorm warnings. The wind was unbelievably strong. When they served the ball would end up behind them on the toss. Jurgen started out strong. He hates the wind and played okay with it at first. Then he seem to lose it.

Melzer L Verdasco 6-3, 6-7 (4), 1-6

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
this is too sad for jurgen, he really played a great match! I wish he had won this one
but as in double, he fought well! it can only give him confidence

·
Registered
197 Posts
Oh no, it looked so good after the first set. But he played a good tournament and against Verdasco you can lose. And also he makes more points than last year.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,266 ·
Did anyone see a picture of Jurgen from his match with Verdasco? I could not find any.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Did anyone see a picture of Jurgen from his match with Verdasco? I could not find any.
I only found this one from an austrian sports news website. But it is from his match against Falla.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,269 ·
Thanks. I was able to find 4 from his match with Fall, but none from his match with Verdasco. That is so strange to me.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
these pics were taken by me in Barcelona this Tuesday during Jurgen's match against Nico Lapennti.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,274 ·
I hope someone can keep thi up to date on Jurgen. In April I was in a car accident and my neck was broken. I am home getting better, but can not work on the computer. Thanks to anyone who will help with this. Barbara

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Barbara - heard about your accident. So sorry to hear about it. Hope you are doing better soon! And if I see anything big on Jurgen, I'll try to post.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Melzer - Verdasco 7:5, 6:3 :woohoo: :bigclap:

now he is in the quartefinal of a master (for his 1st time?) :worship:

next opponent is Almagro/Monaco

all the best for you Barbara, I'll try to post the results and news of Jürgen

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,277 ·
Thank you. I am able to get on for just a few minutes. I will try and check in here each day.
If the rain stops, Jurgen plays today.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
As much as I like Ferrer to do well at RG, I think Melzer is playing terrific tennis here. Very solid.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
GSM Melzer :) He earns his first R16 match at a grand slam!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,280 ·
That is so great for Jurgen. Thank heavens they showed a lot of match on TV.
Sorry to tell you that my broken neck prevents me from posting as often as I would like. It is great to read all your posts.

1261 - 1280 of 1554 Posts