Votes: 61 82.4%
  • David Ferrer

Votes: 13 17.6%
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be interested to know the view about this question.

Ferrero reached greater heights but fizzled out pretty quickly. Ferrer has had more sustained success without reaching the top heights.

Was Ferrero a beneficiary of a weaker era? Who played the better tennis between the two?

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Ferrero without a doubt. French open title, #1 ranking, and final of US Open. No contest here.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Ferrer

o

·
29,637 Posts

Ferrero reached greater heights but fizzled out pretty quickly. Ferrer has had more sustained success without reaching the top heights.

Was Ferrero a beneficiary of a weaker era? Who played the better tennis between the two?

Your thoughts?
what 'sustained success' has Ferrer had over him anyway, a load of GS QF/SF appearances? Not exactly the kind of 'success' you'd aim for...

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Ferrero no doubt, sad he got sick when he was close to his peak, he could have won more valuable titles.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Probably the one who won a slam and reached two other finals (including one in a hard court). :rolleyes:

Not to mention Ferrero only didn't won RG in 2000-2001 cause he had to play Guga those years. His level was insane back there.

·
Super Moderator
8,846 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
what 'sustained success' has Ferrer had over him anyway, a load of GS QF/SF appearances? Not exactly the kind of 'success' you'd aim for...
The sustained success 99.9% of pro players can only dream of.

Money wise Ferrero would have been in glee with Ferrer's career :cool:

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Between Juan Carlos Ferrero and David Ferrer it is the one with o, obviously.

One question, WTF is "Juanqui"?

·
Super Moderator
8,846 Posts
Between Juan Carlos Ferrero and David Ferrer it is the one with o, obviously.

One question, WTF is "Juanqui"
Well, many parents call their sons Juan Carlos in Spain, take a look at Spain's former king. As I know this from South America, they're called by their moniker Juanqui (Juan Carlos + i and to maintain the voiceless velar stop like in Carlos, you need to form a -qu in Spanish -> qui -> Juanqui) as diminutive.

·
Registered
12,123 Posts

Your thoughts?
you've said everything : quite similar levels at their top imo, Ferrero took advantage of a lesser competition when he was at his top then had a flashier resume, Ferrer emerged later and had a longer carreer on top, whereas Ferrero had a shorter one because of injuries. Anyway both guys are great friends, and Ferrer has always looked up to Ferrero, then it's correct that Ferrero has had a flashier carreer.

But I know the amount of bullshits said about Ferrer in this forum, and I'm not even a fan, then I already know the result of the poll and the general tone of the comments.
And recently I read a guy saying very seriously in this forum (passingDTL or something like that) that Ferrer was the most overrated player in this forum :haha:

I have tuns of arguments to show that all those things said about Ferrer are loads of bullshits but I'm fed-up with speaking to dumb ears.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
you've said everything : quite similar levels at their top imo, Ferrero took advantage of a lesser competition when he was at his top then had a flashier resume, Ferrer emerged later and had a longer carreer on top, whereas Ferrero had a shorter one because of injuries. Anyway both guys are great friends, and Ferrer has always looked up to Ferrero, then it's correct that Ferrero has had a flashier carreer.

But I know the amount of bullshits said about Ferrer in this forum, and I'm not even a fan, then I already know the result of the poll and the general tone of the comments.
And recently I read a guy saying very seriously in this forum (passingDTL or something like that) that Ferrer was the most overrated player in this forum :haha:

I have tuns of arguments to show that all those things said about Ferrer are loads of bullshits but I'm fed-up with speaking to dumb ears.
When you read that Ferrer is the greatest Slamless player of the Open Era (while he's not even the best active one), then yes you can say he's very overrated here. :yeah:

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
When you read that Ferrer is the greatest Slamless player of the Open Era (while he's not even the best active one), then yes you can say he's very overrated here. :yeah:
it's useless telling those bullshits to me, I've stopped listening to those bullshits about Ferrer. Imo yes Ferrer is the greatest active slamless player, of all times I don't know it's hard to compare with Nalbandian or Mecir or Rios who were totally different players, probbaly it's better to give this title to a flashier although less consistent player like Rios or Mecir or Nalby.

Generally I should not say what I really think about Ferrer in this forum (because I beg you : I'm convinced of everything I say on this topic, and I'm not a fan, I've just observed the game and the stats),

but in this thread at least I gave a little bit support to the OP : it's always nice knowing that you're not alone among all those dumb people.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts