Mens Tennis Forums banner
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Thank you :) Yes, I am sure there were quite a few tennis players attending this wedding :) I would love to see a pic of the lovely couple, I am sure Veronica looked amazing :)

· Registered
1,097 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Thanks a lot Reiko for the link. I failed to find anything about the wedding. Juan and Veronica look so happy :) They make a great couple :) Congrats again to them!

· Premium Member
10,501 Posts
Code:
00:00 |[B] COPA ARGENTINALa vuelta de Chelita
[/B]
Luego de seis meses sin jugar, Juan Ignacio Chela retornará a las 
canchas pasado mañana, en su partido ante David Nalbandian. El Flaco 
fue operado de una hernia inguinal. "Buenísimo, me tocó un partido 
fácil de entrada", ironizó el de Ciudad Evita al ver el sorteo. El 
último partido del Flaco fue en Roland Garros (perdió en 2ª con 
Fernando Verdasco).

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2008/12/10/tenis/01819149.html

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Haha, he is his ironic-self. I hope he has fun on the court! :)

· Registered
1,097 Posts
That's great news :) Lovely semifinal against Pico:)

· Registered
332 Posts
I just found a video of Juan's press conference after he beat Nalbandian. I don't think there's a video thread here, so I'm posting it here :D:D Since I fail at life and don't speak Spanish :sad:, would anyone be kind enough to summarise what he's saying for me?

· Registered
23,458 Posts
I'm not the best person to translate it as I'm not a fluent Spanish speaker, but I can give you some idea of what he said. Argie posters can help you better later :wavey:

He said that he was feeling very good, that at almost all the match he was feeling comfortable with his serve. He said that it was winding a little bit so it was difficult to play.

He said he could play for a long time withouth feeling any pain and it was the prime objective. He said he felt a lot in the rankings but he doesn't care, he wants to play, and also said that there's a chance he plays at São Paulo challenger in the first week :)woohoo: I'm going there) and then he will probably use protected ranking. He says he is very motivated for the next year.

An interviewer asked something about Tenis Pro and what will he do about it now that he will be back playing the circuit, and he said that at some points last year (?) he was feeling tired, not having fun anymore, so the program was a good thing, and in 2009 he will try to keep working with it when he has some free time (I don't know if he really said that).

Asked about Davis Cup he said he would really like getting back to team. They asked him about the captain situation and he said nobody consulted him; he said there are many persons who can be the new captain, and it has to be someone who has the respect of all players. At the end he said Mancini did a great job and said stuff about the final, but I couldn't understand many words.

Asked about him saying once that he would play for 2 more years, he said he always says he will keep playing as long as he has fun, and that can be more 2, 3, 4, maybe 1 year, who knows.

:wavey:

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Jamjar, someone who supports Juan does not fail at life :)

Thank you for the link and thanks for the translation Caio-Brasil (have fun in Sao Paulo!!) :)

Reactions: Caio_Brasil

· Registered
332 Posts
Jamjar, someone who supports Juan does not fail at life :)
:lol: True. I just wish I could speak Spanish.

I'm not the best person to translate it as I'm not a fluent Spanish speaker, but I can give you some idea of what he said. Argie posters can help you better later :wavey:

He said that he was feeling very good, that at almost all the match he was feeling comfortable with his serve. He said that it was winding a little bit so it was difficult to play.

He said he could play for a long time withouth feeling any pain and it was the prime objective. He said he felt a lot in the rankings but he doesn't care, he wants to play, and also said that there's a chance he plays at São Paulo challenger in the first week :)woohoo: I'm going there) and then he will probably use protected ranking. He says he is very motivated for the next year.

An interviewer asked something about Tenis Pro and what will he do about it now that he will be back playing the circuit, and he said that at some points last year (?) he was feeling tired, not having fun anymore, so the program was a good thing, and in 2009 he will try to keep working with it when he has some free time (I don't know if he really said that).

Asked about Davis Cup he said he would really like getting back to team. They asked him about the captain situation and he said nobody consulted him; he said there are many persons who can be the new captain, and it has to be someone who has the respect of all players. At the end he said Mancini did a great job and said stuff about the final, but I couldn't understand many words.

Asked about him saying once that he would play for 2 more years, he said he always says he will keep playing as long as he has fun, and that can be more 2, 3, 4, maybe 1 year, who knows.

:wavey:
Thank you so much!!! :worship::worship::worship:
He sounds quite positive, yet realistic at the same time. I can't wait for 2009 :crazy:

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome back on tour Juan :) Glad he won his first match :)

· Premium Member
10,501 Posts
Main Draw. - Buenos Aires 2009

(1) David Nalbandian (ARG) vs Nicolás Lapentti (ECU)
(WC) Gastón Gaudio (ARG) vs Daniel Gimeno Traver (ESP)
Agustín Calleri (ARG) vs Juan Carlos Ferrero (ESP)
(7) Marcel Granollers (ESP) vs Thomaz Belluci (BRA)
(4) Carlos Moyá (ESP) vs (Q)
Brian Dabul (ARG) vs Nicolás Devilder (FRA)
Juan Mónaco (ARG) vs (WC) Sergio Roitman (ARG)
(6) Albert Montañes (ESP) vs Martín Vassallo Argüello (ARG)
(8 ) Eduardo Schwank (ARG) vs (Q)
Iván Navarro (ESP) vs (Q)
(WC) Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG) vs Alberto Martin (ESP)
(3) Tommy Robredo (ESP) vs Potito Starace (ITA)
(5) José Acasuso (ARG) vs (Q)
Fabio Fognini (ITA) vs Pablo Andujar (ESP)
Diego Junqueira (ARG) vs Nicolás Massú (CHI)
(2) Nicolás Almagro (ESP) vs Oscar Hernandez (ESP)

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.