Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Juan Monaco: "To finish the season in the top 20 would mean I attained my objective"

What are your goals for this season?

Truth be told I didn’t start this season as well as I would have liked because I had some injuries. I couldn’t play the three preceding clay court tournaments due to shoulder and hamstring injuries that I had, but I’m over them now; I’m fine. I’m going to play this tournament, Rome, Roland Garros…. Then the rest of the season follows, and I will try my best to get back to the top 30, and to finish the season in the top 20 would mean I attained my objective..

If you win this game you’ll face your friend Rafa Nadal in the second round. Would it be special for you to play him in Madrid at this tournament?

It is always special to play the world number one, especially with the friendship we have. It is an important tournament. I suppose it would be on a full centre court. The truth is I’m just thinking about the first round, because if I don’t win that, I won’t be playing Rafa, therefore I’m thinking more in tomorrow’s game than the opportunity to take on Rafael.

Welcome to the Mutua Madrid Open. How are you feeling coming into it?

I’ve played here several times, it’s a tournament I really like. You can feel people’s energy, so many fans come and loads of kids who love watching tennis live, so it’s really great. It’s really exciting, I’ve really been looking forward to coming back to this tournament, even more so because of the scale of it, the quality of the players, which is enormous. I’m always really happy to come here, play great tennis and to come in on good form.

http://www.madrid-open.com/en/noticias-tenis-masculino/juan-monaco-este-torneo-me-gusta-muchisimo/

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Re: Juan Monaco: "To finish the season in the top 20 would mean I attained my objecti

I think the thread title forgot a 0 after 20 ?? how this mug was in the top 10 i will never know

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Re: Juan Monaco: "To finish the season in the top 20 would mean I attained my objecti

Yeah, and pigs will fly

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

Will be lucky to finish in the top 50 the way he has been playing since 2013

·
Registered
74 Posts

Monaco soon will be out of top100. Must defend more than 600 points in mai-july. Top20, top30:D

·
Administrator
6,073 Posts

How many bakery products served by Nadal would meet his objective?

I wonder if we can look at the ratio of breadsticks to bagels to see which one is preferred.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts

Gtfo

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts

Based by the way he played today, he'll be lucky to finish in the TOP 100.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts

I can't believe you people. What's wrong with his objective? I think it's perfectly reasonable, although his form will have to drastically improve to do it. The negativity you people produce is sickening though, but what an I expect from this site? Not much, I suppose.

·
Registered
21,399 Posts

I can't believe you people. What's wrong with his objective? I think it's perfectly reasonable, although his form will have to drastically improve to do it. The negativity you people produce is sickening though, but what an I expect from this site? Not much, I suppose.
He is the world number 56 and defends 250 points two weeks from now, how is that perfectly reasonable :lol:?

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

People on this site are fucking pathetic. Seriously. Even though it's unlikely, what the fuck is he supposed to do? Say he wants to end the season outside of the top 100? The whole point of Tennis is to have high goals. Querrey rightfully got criticised for saying he would be happy to make slam QF"s but there's NOTHING wrong with a player setting their sights on top 20.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts

For a player of his calibre, making a target around that mark is reasonable. Yes, he has a lot of points to defend soon but if he can improve his form then he can easily do it. I'm not saying he's definitely going to do it but you people are just being disrespectful. It is Monaco though so I can't expect anything better from yous.

ProdigyEng hit the nail on the head. You people are clowns, to put it simply.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts