Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge upset there. Did the blogger king waste MP in the second set? Juan Mugnacio won despite serving 10 dfs and a minichoke in the last game.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
IW R2: Chela saves 1MP, def. Tursunov 6-7(1), 7-6(6), 6-4

DMITRY!!! What was that? :banghead:

Tursumug choked big time in this one. He served for the match in the second but was broken and led *4-1 in the second tiebreak. The match point came at 6-5*.

I am really shocked by this one. I was even surprised when the first went to a tiebreak. I know Chela made the QFs last year but he really hasn't played well at all this year and I think Tursunov is a better hardcourt player.

EDIT: Forgot there was another MP with Chela serving at 3-5 in the second set. So two MPs saved for Juan.

·
Registered
9,005 Posts
Tursunov had MP at 7:6 5:3, served at 7:6 *5:4, led the TB *4:2 and had MP again at 6:5*.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: IW R2: Chela saves 1MP, def. Tursunov 6-7(1), 7-6(6), 6-4

Arrrrgggggggggghhhhhh... Dima really should have won it 7-6 6-3. I'm so disappointed...

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Chela is a legend.

Ginepri should learn from him.

Totally 3 MPs saved.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Noooo! i was watching that scoreboard and wanted Tursunov to break back in the final game, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
Re: IW R2: Chela saves 1MP, def. Tursunov 6-7(1), 7-6(6), 6-4

What is it with Tursunov and TMS events? He only had one win last year and that was on the clay in Rome of all places.

This is his 5th loss in a row now.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Mark it down Voo!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Won 1st set after being a break down. Had BPs to be two breaks up in the second set. At 76 53 had double MP on Chela' serve with Juan Ignacio missing first serve on both MPs. Led 30-0 when serving for the match at 76 54, then lost 4 points in a row including a DF on break-point. Saved SP at 76 56. Was double mini-break up in the second set tie-break serving at 4-1, hit a DF. Had two serves at 5-4. Held another MP at 6-5...
Unbelievable string of chokes from Tursunov :help:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Hold on! So how many match points were saved here? At first, I only remembered the one in the tiebreak and now it's up to 3.

·
Registered
73,673 Posts
it's always good to see the brainless one lose and this match showed perfectly why he's a brainless tool :yeah:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts