Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tournament starts tomorrow, so it's about time we got this thread going. :)

VAMOS JAUNQUI!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

But I have to admit I don't like the draw one bit. I talked about the possible clash with Schüttler in our thread, but I forgot to mention that Younes :fiery: is in his quarter. He might not make it that far though. :D :p

Come on, Juanqui! Let the home audience carry you through to the final! ;) Not that you need their help or anything. :angel:

·
Registered
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
LOL, what am I saying. :eek: Of course Younes will be taken out. If not sooner by Agassi. Not that meeting Agassi in the QF is a much more inviting prospect. :( This isn't RG anymore. ;) But that one victory will give him so much confidence. :)

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Juanqui will have no problems in his quarter if he can get past his second round match. Agassi hasn't played since the Open, but he's sure to take out Younes :fiery::fiery: anyway. I think he has a really good chance here!

VAMOS, DAHLING!!

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Don't think I need to worry about the draw, since there's no easy draw anymore. And that 2nd round jinx, just seems it doesn't matter who's on the other side. I just hope that Juanqui will play his best, and I believe his best is enough to beat most of the players in the tourney. So best of luck to Juanqui. And pls get deep into the tourney for us, so we can watch you on TV:D

Don't like that he's in Agassi's section. But come to think about it, I may just cheer hard for Andre to get thru, to meet Juanqui. That will be a guarantee show match on TV... Andre lost his first match last year in Stuggart. So I don't know if he can last this time, playing Pavel.

Anyway, VAMOS JUANQUI, we'll cheer very hard for you. :bounce:

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
The second round opponent is known: Jarkko Nieminen :eek:

I love Jarkko, as you can all attest, but he's going to have to be really on to be able to take out Juan Carlos (or Juanqui will have to suffer like he did last week against you-know-who). And he had a tough time dispatching of Rainer Schuettler today, though he managed to come back in the tiebreak after trailing 5-3 :eek:

Jarkko doesn't give up, and I think this match will be a great one. I'm angry that I don't get to see it :fiery:

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
And a little news, to boot:

Roddick and Ferrero Enjoy Vintage Mercedes-Benz Tour

Spain's tennis sensation Juan Carlos Ferrero and American Andy Roddick took part in an early morning tour of Madrid Monday in a 1954 Mercedes-Benz Adenauer roadster, as part of a promotion to launch the inaugural Tennis Masters Madrid.

Cruising with the cabriolet top down, the two popular stars traveled in style to the famous Palacio de Oriente, a royal palace, via the Gran Vía. Also joining Roddick and Ferrero on the Mercedes-Benz tour was Manolo Santana, the tournament director. Roddick and Ferrero are just two of the big names in the main singles draw at this year's Madrid event, which begins with first-round action Monday.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
i think Jarkko Nieminen will be tired out from his LONG 7-6 in the 3rd set match today and Juanqui should win it. :)

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
miss mosquito, you are SO lucky you will be seeing Juanqui play tomorrow!

VAMOS! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
yah, he could play #9 Kafelnikov in the Round of 16. and then of course Agassi in the Quarters.

·
Registered
10,038 Posts
Rebecca said:
I wish I could see the match too :sad:

NOw is it just my imagination, or did anyone else happen to notice he is supposed to play Kafelnikov in round 3? :fiery: :eek:
Kafel is not the threat he once was, I think he's shown that mighty well over the past few weeks. :( He's gunning for Davis Cup.

Leo, stop trying to provoke me ;) I want to see this match because it's one of the last chances I'll have to see Jarkko all year. Is that so much to ask?!?!?!?

·
Registered
483 Posts
TennisHack said:

Kafel is not the threat he once was, I think he's shown that mighty well over the past few weeks. :( He's gunning for Davis Cup.

Leo, stop trying to provoke me ;) I want to see this match because it's one of the last chances I'll have to see Jarkko all year. Is that so much to ask?!?!?!?

>>>>>

...took the words right outta my mouf! :) .

I have SOO MUCH CONFIDENCE in JC

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

hey canada we get to see TENNIS!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

>>>>>>>>TSN<<<<<<<<<<

Tuesday 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Wednesday 2.00 pm - 4.00 pm
Thursday 1.00 pm - 3.00 pm
Friday 1.00 pm - 3.00 pm
Saturday 1.00 - 3.00pm
Monday 12.00 am - 2.30 am

(Madrid is 6hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time and JC match starts @ 8.00 pm Madrid time... *;) ;) nudge nudge*)

his 2nd round opponent.....EAAAZZZY

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

THEY BETTER SHOW LOTS OF JUANQUI!!! :fiery:

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
oh, i thought it was 7 hours ahead of EST? :confused: maybe my sources are wrong.

anyway, you lucky canadiansd get so much good coverage! :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
yeah I was surprised Leo.....but I remembered what ESPN stood for

Eisner Says Phuck TeNnis

·
Registered
483 Posts
darn....i had a feeling that they were going to show a taped match...:mad:....Paradorn vs. Guga......6-4 6-4.......

no live jc match :(

:fiery:damn u:fiery:

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
6-3, 6-7(6), 7-5 over Jarkko Nieminen... onto Round 3 :D (maybe he'll play Yevgeny?)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts