Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I hope Juanqui is gonna be world number 3 after the OZ Open, coz he has nothing to defend, unlike Marat who has tons of points to defend

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
good point, Nacho. i didn't think of that. if Ferrero can keep up his recent good form and do well at the Aus Open (of course) then #3 could be his very soon. :D

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I think Juanqui can be # 1 soon if he plays well in the first 3 months. He hardly has any points in defend:)

Yes, Juanqui, win the Aussie Open, you can do it.:bounce:

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
come on! win Australia! :bounce:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
King Scotso of Aragon said:
Neither Lleyton, Andre, nor Juanqui have any points to defend really. It's amazing. Hopefully Andre will retire. :D

And then Juanqui will be #2.
Yeah, Andre really should retire and then maybe our guys can get on with things! Anything can happen in 2003, esp. at the AUSOpen!! No reason why Juanqui can't win it... I'll let him beat Rogi [!!!:p ] in the Final. He needs his GS next year.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
:p Scott :D

RogiFan said:

Yeah, Andre really should retire and then maybe our guys can get on with things! Anything can happen in 2003, esp. at the AUSOpen!! No reason why Juanqui can't win it... I'll let him beat Rogi [!!!:p ] in the Final. He needs his GS next year.
How very nice of you, RF:). Juanqui will take note and he won't let you down.

Andre is not going to retire ever. He is going to play til 35 and then jump right into the senior tour. :rolleyes: But don't worry, guys. I think next year, the young guns are all going to gang up on him and won't let him have a easy time. Juanqui and Hewitt now have a winning htoh against AA. But AA can keep beating Roddick at his pleasure:D

Now, this is what I mean by Juanqui has next to nothing to defend in the first 3 month. Here's the result before Monte Carlos:

Aussie/Indian Wells/Miami/Total(with other tourneys)
Juanqui 0 / 1 / 7 / 28
Hewitt 1 / 100 / 45 / 181
Agassi 0 / 1 /100 /160
Safin 140/15 / 25 /198

So, after all these 3 biggie scraped off, the field is wide open. But, okay, Hewitt can sit on his number til Wimby.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:) Hi Vera!

Not that I don't want Rogi to win a Slam but I want him to do it in his own time... he can't be rushed or pushed!

Yeah, young guns gang up on AA!!! Next year no letting AA win any TMS!!!! OK, Haas and Rogi?

Those 3 TMS that AA won spoiled the otherwie very satisfactory results of the series.

AA will never retire... I guess having a family isn't enough distraction for him... until he molds Jaden into the next AA. [poor kid]

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Hi RF. I'm sure you do want Rogi to win GS. So I'm a little surprised that you will let Juanqui beat Rogi. But I'll take it.:D And I think, after Hamburg and before USO, Rogi also has no points to defend, so he might very well be up at the top when he wins Wimby:D.

I'm so hope that Juanqui will be well in AO, that will definitely boost his confident since he hasn't done much in the past in AO.

I hope Jaden is not going to play tennis. I just think it would be so much pressure on him to be a player. With his sports gene, he should go into another sports.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:) I'll let Juanqui beat Rogi in a GS final because he's older and still hasn't won his GS yet... but after that, it's WAR!! j/k

I want both of these great players to win a GS! Now that Lleyton and Marat have theirs. As for Haas, I doubt he'll do it -- it's too tough for him -- doesn't quite have what it takes -- he's almost there but needs to mature a little plus he's been getting these injuries lately -- not good at all!

My real dream would be for Corretja to win RG and Rafter to win Wimby -- they both deserve to win after twice almost clinching it! So sad... :( They're my fave "older" players! They both have so much personality on and off the court and they stick to their principles!;)

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
That's true. I mean, at 22 going to be 23, Juanqui is still young. But it's really about time for him to win his GS. I'm just worry that the pressure will mount too high if he doesn't get it next year. But I'm pretty confident of his chance at the moment. And I'm equally convince that Rogi will do so too.

I do want Alex and Pat to win their respectively Slams. But I'm afraid it would be too difficult. And I certainly don't want Alex to beat Juanqui to claim French. But Alex should be proud of his achievement. He won TMC. But I know, a slam is pretty important.

But both Alex and Pat has a lot in common, I mean, I'm sure they are happy with their career and would be able to move on. Unlike AA, who has done so much and still get intimidated by the fact that he's not better than Pete. He's never gonna win more slams than Pete and what's he gonna do, get mad at himself for the rest of his life? I hope not, he should get over it.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
:) Vera,

Alex and Pat do have a lot in common. And nobody can take away Alex's TMC -- which he won the first time he qualified btw. No small achievement. People underestimate his victory. And Pat, well, no "one-slam wonder" as JMac used to call him!!:mad:

At least they both have a life outside of tennis -- better perspective and healthier.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Right, thx Scott for your confident on Juanqui.

And RF, the most gratifying thing is to see JMac admitted that on air, that he misjudged Pat. That's the difference between J and P, is that JMac is not afraid to admit that he's wrong, I guess that's what separate a champion --- from his brother:D.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
More stat. (North American sports fans are as obsessed with sports stat as the sports itself:D, I'm no exception).

Juanqui's 2002 summary:
Surface/win-loss/no. of tournament/percentage of total point
Indoor carpet/4-3/3/4.57%
Grass/1-1/1/1.23%
Hard/22-13/13/41.3%
Clay/21-8/8+DC/52.9%

1 - 20 of 83 Posts