Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
French tennis player Jonathan Kanar has been suspended for four years and six months and fined $2,000 after admitting to match-fixing and non-reporting offences.

Following an investigation carried out by the Tennis Integrity Unit, Mr Kanar admitted to contriving the outcome of a match he played at the ITF Futures F1 tournament in Harare, Zimbabwe in June 2017, in return for a corrupt payment of €1,500.

The 25 year-year old is currently ranked 1494 in ITF singles and has a career-best of 427 in January 2019.
You can read the decision here:
Jonathan Kanar suspended for 4 years and 6 months

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I saw this name once or twice while browsing the results on the ITF site. Futures in Zimbabwe have a special place in tennis history for sure

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Which site allows you to place massive bets on ITF matches to make it worthwhile?
There are small limits, but I guess it is easy to open 100 accounts on 100 peasants and bet 50 euro per account, cause you can reach that limit for sure. Even with odds like 1.50 and 100 accounts with 50 euro bets you win 2.500 euro per one match only (multiplied by 5 bookies in which you open those 100 accounts) minus the costs and I believe that there are hundreds of matches like that.

·
Registered
11,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His matches in Zimbabwe: View attachment 353273
I guess, it was either losing the second set against Turini or the first set against Pungliya
He admitted to lose a match on purpose in Zimbabwe F1, which is the first one. He intentionally lost to Dusty Boyer. Kanar was @1.25 to win that match. But you are absolutely right, I also think the 2nd set vs Turini and the first set vs Pungliya look very shady. He was @1.06 to win vs this Pungliya guy, so the odds on him to lose the first set were huge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts