Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over at TF, we have a tradition of posting this to mock his usually absurd, ludicrous and laughable predictions. He once picked Annika Beck to reach the Wimbledon SF, usually copies and pastes his reports (did it with Serena this year in Australia, but got her seed wrong and made a fool of himself) and has a thing for Keys.

I doubt this will be a tradition here like it is on TF (if you so choose, Google the threads. I promise you'll get a laugh.), but this women's report is normal (for him) and his men's report (which I usually glance at, but don't read) is a bit sketchy not so much for the prediction (except for one), but everything else.

Finally, if you don't know who he is, well, for better or worse, I don't know what to tell you. Without further adieu, here it is: https://www.si.com/tennis/2019/05/23/french-open-seed-reports-dark-horses-predictions-picks

The issues are really the following:

Thiem and the best-of-5 factor? He's made the SF, SF and F the last 3 years. He also picked the guy to reach the semifinals in Melbourne.

Medvedev the "off-brand Djokovic"? They play nothing alike.

Tiafoe being "the best hope to make America great again".
:facepalm:

Berrettini looks to be a fine player for the future, but I don't think I need to explain this. It sort of speaks for itself (I would've picked Garin if he had Berrettini's draw).

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
Jinxing for Rafa. I still remember the defeat in AO 2019 and won't look down on Novak..........

·
|
14,327 Posts
^ News flash, the AO is the only slam Rafa has failed to win 2 of, while Rafa has won 11 French Opens, and Djokovic has only won ONE French Open and isn't even as good as Thiem on clay these days : )
And Thiem isn't even good enough to take a set from Rafa on Roland Garros clay, as Rafa's shots at RG have proven to be too bouncy for Thiem's backhand.
The only player that has a shot of beating Rafa at this French Open is Medvedev, because he's rising fast and Rafa doesn't know him.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts