Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I've retired from my professional ambitions and only play for fun, exercise, business connections, and opportunities to pick up girls, my new project is my Youtube show, Tennis Underground.

In this show I plan on going deep and going behind the curtains of the lower levels of the pro tour. What it takes to make it, what these guys go through, profiles on players who you never heard of but have great stories. Everyone has a great story at this level. My ultimate goal is to produce many hundreds of episodes and bring more attention and interest to the lower levels of the game, thereby increasing sponsorship, increasing prize money, developing a streaming service for futures and high level money and club matches, and parlaying all of this into a high paying position for myself with Tennis Channel, ATP, ITF, maybe all of the above. All for the good of the game.

Without further ado, here is episode 1. Let me know your thoughts!

·
11,031 Posts
Since I've retired from my professional ambitions and only play for fun, exercise, business connections, and opportunities to pick up girls, my new project is my Youtube show, Tennis Underground.

In this show I plan on going deep and going behind the curtains of the lower levels of the pro tour. What it takes to make it, what these guys go through, profiles on players who you never heard of but have great stories. Everyone has a great story at this level. My ultimate goal is to produce many hundreds of episodes and bring more attention and interest to the lower levels of the game, thereby increasing sponsorship, increasing prize money, developing a streaming service for futures and high level money and club matches, and parlaying all of this into a high paying position for myself with Tennis Channel, ATP, ITF, maybe all of the above. All for the good of the game.

Without further ado, here is episode 1. Let me know your thoughts!

Groove they already do this and probably have some salaried European guy covering the lower ranked guys.

You just need to have title Quotes, like " My parents had nothing" . "Winning is like breathing" and then have a shocked face of the player and the youtube revenue will start raking in.

Reactions: MWW

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
The idea is great and the goals ambitious as they should be but the execution is sloppy. You need to give another spin to what do you want to tell/show and how. Excessive footage, needs heavy editing. Camera technique needs improving.

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Groove they already do this and probably have some salaried European guy covering the lower ranked guys.
Except they don't.

You just need to have title Quotes, like " My parents had nothing" . "Winning is like breathing" and then have a shocked face of the player and the youtube revenue will start raking in.
Firstly, too cliche. Secondly, Youtube ad revenue is garbage and not enough to live on. Youtube I am only using as proof of concept.

The idea is great and the goals ambitious as they should be but the execution is sloppy. You need to give another spin to what do you want to tell/show and how. Excessive footage, needs heavy editing. Camera technique needs improving.
I agree the 1st episode is unfocused and thrown together. But my production skills will improve as we continue

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Throw some pick-up attempts into episode 2.
I used pick up to get a random girl to do the film of us running at the beginning. She was just do yoga or whatever in the field and I asked her to film us. That is light stuff of course

Cheat Code: 33 Secrets channel on Youtube. You'll thank me later

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Also there is a lack of gosling

·
11,031 Posts
Except they don't.

Firstly, too cliche. Secondly, Youtube ad revenue is garbage and not enough to live on. Youtube I am only using as proof of concept.

I agree the 1st episode is unfocused and thrown together. But my production skills will improve as we continue
You can still make it more a production. Doesn't have to just be a park bench interview.

and there is money to be made on Youtube, just need to get the right situation.

·
11,031 Posts
Johnny one thing. Make sure you let the players talk , respond more with body language and less verbal talk. Only take over if the person is steering in the wrong direction and let the person tell their story.

·
11,031 Posts
BTW , this guy's content is really good. Really good commentary on the game and is fascinating for MTF.... only thing is how do you reach out to that broader audience?

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW , this guy's content is really good. Really good commentary on the game and is fascinating for MTF.... only thing is how do you reach out to that broader audience?
It is an interesting question and challenge that I am up for

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
Those drills at the beginning are the reason I decided from an early age to become a talented shotmaker

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those drills at the beginning are the reason I decided from an early age to become a talented shotmaker
If you are ever in Florida we will shoot an episode bro

We'll talk spot, religion, politics, you know, the light stuff

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The content's good, and that's the main thing.

My advice:

If it's a series, then create an intro, with music, showing a montage of interesting snippets. At the start of each episode, give an intro that previews what's coming (a "teaser"). Define what your angle is, your USP, and push that in your productions. Some viewers will be interested in the training drills, some in the interviews. Inter-cut the interviews with additional training footage or highlights from matches. When you introduce a player, tell viewers who he is and include some interesting angle (some peculiarity of background or playing style). Sculpt your content into a narrative. In each new episode, refer back to previous ones, creating continuity. Learn camera tricks: zoom in on critical moments; at other times focus in on the trainers or the T-shirt. Variety is important.

Good luck, the first film's a good start.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
If you are ever in Florida we will shoot an episode bro

We'll talk spot, religion, politics, you know, the light stuff
I'd have to change my Facebook cover photo since a couple of years ago the FBI started doing social media background checks on incoming foreigners

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd have to change my Facebook cover photo since a couple of years ago the FBI started doing social media background checks on incoming foreigners
You're white. You'll be fine in America

·
Registered
60 Posts
It has potential. The drills look good. I'll be honest and say I did not watch everything, just bits here and there.

My big issue is that you swear quite early on in the video and that put me off. For that reason, I could not recommend your video to kids at my club or some of my older tennis friends or just those who don't like to hear swear words on a sports video. Maybe I am not, or they are not, the audience you are looking for, though?

·
Your visions will happen
48,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It has potential. The drills look good. I'll be honest and say I did not watch everything, just bits here and there.

My big issue is that you swear quite early on in the video and that put me off. For that reason, I could not recommend your video to kids at my club or some of my older tennis friends or just those who don't like to hear swear words on a sports video. Maybe I am not, or they are not, the audience you are looking for, though?
This is underground. Keep your Disney children at home

If you don't like swear words, I don't know why you watch sports

We also talked the Tuskegee Airmen experiment at the end, this shit is definitely not G rated

Upssss where did light stuff suddenly go :p?
That WAS light my friend

1 - 20 of 20 Posts