Mens Tennis Forums banner

What is JG's worst loss?

• The drug man

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • A 59 year old

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • 2-6 to a 15 year old girl

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Lost a set to a 10 year old girl (final result: 1-1 in sets)

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Got beaten 0 and 1 to a 8(!) year old girl (at the time he was 16)

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
it shouldn't be the last one. The last one is a guy barely having held a racquet a few times against a trained kid and there are 8yo kids i know, who would beat complete amateurs holding the racquet as a frying pan.

But at this point, with all the dramatic tournaments, with all the dreams and Florida ranking and shit, losing a set to a 10yo is probably the lowest point.

You can kick serve, drop shot and lob a kid to 100-0 sets to zero, coz they physically couldn't react against it.

Their racquets are maximum 250gr., 26 inches and the kids are up to 150cm height..

I mean, c'mooon...

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
the drug man, dude that was rough, I am pretty sure he took some coke before the match. Too bad there was lack of testing.

·
Your visions will happen
47,123 Posts
:lol:

When I saw this thread I was going to list some of my best wins like saving 8 match points to beat Haddad 3-6, 7-6(8), 7-5 or when I beat Cadogan from a set down 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 with Natalie cheering me on or perhaps the epic 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 win over Marcano when I was yelling out, living and dying with every point or perhaps the 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 win over Blanco coming from a set down and a break down in the 3rd twice to win it.

But in terms of worst loss?

Mohns, the "drug man" is actually a very good player. My 2-6 loss to the 15 year old girl was when I was out of form, the 3-6, 6-2 result yesterday vs. the 12's national girls champion also wasn't bad at all, and when I was 16 I lost to an 8 year old Tornado Alicia Black who is #500 WTA right now.

But the loss that made me feel the worse was the 6-7, 3-6 loss to the 59 year old yes, that would be the worst.

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it shouldn't be the last one. The last one is a guy barely having held a racquet a few times against a trained kid and there are 8yo kids i know, who would beat complete amateurs holding the racquet as a frying pan.

But at this point, with all the dramatic tournaments, with all the dreams and Florida ranking and shit, losing a set to a 10yo is probably the lowest point.

You can kick serve, drop shot and lob a kid to 100-0 sets to zero, coz they physically couldn't react against it.

Their racquets are maximum 250gr., 26 inches and the kids are up to 150cm height..

I mean, c'mooon...
I thought he started at 15?
Which one is it Johnny, were you already playing for a year or was this right after you began?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
Which one is it Johnny, were you already playing for a year or was this right after you began?
define "playing for a year".

One year i played over 1500 hours.

2 years ago i played around 50.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Groove is hanging around underage girls quite a bit recently. Red flags?

·
Registered
20,715 Posts
Mohns, the "drug man" is actually a very good player. My 2-6 loss to the 15 year old girl was when I was out of form, the 3-6, 6-2 result yesterday vs. the 12's national girls champion also wasn't bad at all, and when I was 16 I lost to an 8 year old Tornado Alicia Black who is #500 WTA right now.
:haha:

this puts shadow on all above epic defeats

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
:lol:

When I saw this thread I was going to list some of my best wins like saving 8 match points to beat Haddad 3-6, 7-6(8), 7-5 or when I beat Cadogan from a set down 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 with Natalie cheering me on or perhaps the epic 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 win over Marcano when I was yelling out, living and dying with every point or perhaps the 5-7, 6-2, 6-4 win over Blanco coming from a set down and a break down in the 3rd twice to win it.

But in terms of worst loss?

But the loss that made me feel the worse was the 6-7, 3-6 loss to the 59 year old yes, that would be the worst.
Can't stop laughing at this post.

Simply brilliant.

·
Registered
597 Posts
So after thinking it through again I must agree with Johnny that might be old man is actually greatest of very great results right here after all. From how I see it Johnny should have actually beaten him quite easily had he played in his usual level, whereas I think kids were more tight matchup against him TBQH so results were not rly that much off from truth :shrug: .

·
Registered
32,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

We'll that's what we're trying to figure out, no? How much tennis did he play before he took on little Serena.

And an update: The match vs the 10 year old resumed today and he lost the third set.

·
Registered
21,396 Posts

How the hell did you go an entire year playing thirty hours a week :lol:?

·
Your visions will happen
47,123 Posts
I began playing tennis shortly after Roddick lost to Johansson at USO 2004, so September 2004, when I was 14, and then turned 15 in November 2004.

I played Tornado Alicia Black in June 2006, so I had been playing for around 21 months.

So after thinking it through again I must agree with Johnny that might be old man is actually greatest of very great results right here after all. From how I see it Johnny should have actually beaten him quite easily had he played in his usual level, whereas I think kids were more tight matchup against him TBQH so results were not rly that much off from truth :shrug: .
Yes, the old man loss was indeed the worst ever. I graduated college that Thursday morning before, partied that Thursday night, drove back down south Friday, played Mohns on Saturday, and lost to Kaplan on Sunday. Was a tough turn around, but it tells me not to party 2 days before a tournament, but come on, you only graduate college once

1 - 20 of 30 Posts