·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enough is enough. That's all, folks.

·
Registered
7,660 Posts
Last hope to topple the Big3 has just died.

Reactions: RocketMan70

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
#legend hope everything works out for ya man

·
justice for all
15,126 Posts
9 min video announcement, seems appropriate
Oh, don't be so harsh, you millennial, short-attention-span youngster!
On a brighter note: Fed's retirement speech probably won't take that long so we'll be able to get through all of it.

·
Registered
16,211 Posts
Nice Video actually. Except when you get all extra with black slang.

Understand your POV. Still sad to see someone who was so deadicated and preachy eventually, inevitably, have to take it down a notch.

I wonder what I could achieve if I started tennis in a club now.

I played only a few times. And was immediately best in school class and in beginners group at a summer camp. I barely ever played, went to the camp, didn't lose a single game or competition all week long. Trainer said next time I should be among the advanced players already in the club and I honestly played like once before that week when on vacation in Austria.

My table tennis coach said if I hadn't stopped playing from 14-17 I could have done this for a living. Which means you need to be like top 3 league in order to make money. But I don't rest on that would have. I'm still trying to get somewhere which would personally make me proud, now.

Matter of fact, f this, I'm going to practice now.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The BIG3 can finally rest easy now.

Close but no cigar, Johnny.
Oh I've had plenty of cigars, don't worry about that!

Last hope to topple the Big3 has just died.
Sad times indeed

Will be missed. His career highlight should be the CH qualies in Florida (2014 or 2015?) where he refused to take his place at draw and opted to go spend a weekend with his GF. ?
The CH Qualies was in 2014, when I drove 6.5 hrs just for a chance to flirt with Irresponsible WildCard Girl who got me into the draw.

The other one was when I won a Futures QR1, also 2014, and skipped R2 to play another, lesser, tournament where I got another win and tried to get with a girl that eventually did not happen. Always thought I'd get another chance at Futures QR2, but I never did

9 min video announcement, seems appropriate
Yes, 9 mins, one min for each body part permanently damaged from this game

#legend hope everything works out for ya man
Thanks bro

Oh, don't be so harsh, you millennial, short-attention-span youngster!
On a brighter note: Fed's retirement speech probably won't take that long so we'll be able to get through all of it.
Well I was never going to be the guy to write 3 lines on Twitter to announce retirement

Nice Video actually. Except when you get all extra with black slang.

Understand your POV. Still sad to see someone who was so deadicated and preachy eventually, inevitably, have to take it down a notch.

I wonder what I could achieve if I started tennis in a club now.

I played only a few times. And was immediately best in school class and in beginners group at a summer camp. I barely ever played, went to the camp, didn't lose a single game or competition all week long. Trainer said next time I should be among the advanced players already in the club and I honestly played like once before that week when on vacation in Austria.

My table tennis coach said if I hadn't stopped playing from 14-17 I could have done this for a living. Which means you need to be like top 3 league in order to make money.
I'm mixed with Haitian and Irish. There was no extraness. I was just being me, just being myself, as I always have.

Well we all can have that "What if" question in our minds. Except me. I did tournaments, I beat D1 college players, I've profited from the game, I've traveled because of the game, I've had my eyes opened to many many things I never would have without the game. And the best part is I never have to wonder "What if". Did I reach my ultimate tennis goals? No I did not. But I can still reach all my other life goals. And most importantly, I've killed that little voice in the back of my head always pestering me to train more and do more. He no longer controls my life.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
A very very sad day for our sport. Tipsarevic, Berlocq and Groove retiring within a month is too much.
JG was an inspiration, his legacy will live on.

Everything is temporary, everything will slide
Legends never die, die...

Thank you Johnny, wishing you all the best ahead

btw since your story is not over, I hope this moovie is happening one day

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
At least you decided when and where and not due to injury. You played the game you love. ,Many here love the game but didnt have the balls to fight for it for years.

·
Your visions will happen
48,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't retire from here, please. We need your insights.

Good luck for the future.
I'll still be around here probably, offering sage advice when needed, avoiding ruins and tardwars mostly

A very very sad day for our sport. Tipsarevic, Berlocq and Groove retiring within a month is too much.
JG was an inspiration, his legacy will live on.

Everything is temporary, everything will slide
Legends never die, die...

Thank you Johnny, wishing you all the best ahead

btw since your story is not over, I hope this moovie is happening one day View attachment 353451
Thanks man we will see what's going on

I have many ideas. I am a businessman now, I am an entrepreneur now. Who knows what will happen now.

Oh wow, great work there!

Damn, I remember where I was when I wrote those, wow. I remember the mental state I was in, how focused and locked in I was, damn. Totally gonna carry that over into my post-playing life

At least you decided when and where and not due to injury. You played the game you love. ,Many here love the game but didnt have the balls to fight for it for years.
Well injuries always pile up and there's always this or that. But yes, it was not one catastrophic injury other than perhaps the shoulder in 2009 but that is long in the past

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
In my humble opinion you are one of the legends of the game. Not as big as slam winners, but in the year 2057 I will surely remember your name more than some Bemelmanses, Karlovskiyis or Vannis of this tennis world. The dedication, the never-give-up attitude and the understanding of the game psychology will make you an immortal among the real tennis fans.

1 - 21 of 89 Posts