Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG had parted ways with the 21-year-old Tomic few days back and had signed Canadian No.1 Eugenie Bouchard.

Bernard Tomic's father and coach, John, has vigorously challenged reports that his son was dumped by his long-time management company, IMG, claiming the Tomics instigated the recent contractual release and that the former world No.27's rankings decline after double hip surgery had helped him to avoid a $1.5 million early-exit penalty.

"Bernard left IMG - IMG didn't sack, didn't dump Bernard. That is strongly 110 per cent true story. If anybody from IMG come and say that they sack or dump Bernard, I will give million dollars. That is not true," Tomic senior told.

According to John Tomic, they were already looking to part ways with IMG but the company was asking for compensation, that's why they did not leave before.

"One-and-a-half year we are looking to leave IMG ... but they look to us for $1.5 million to pay to them to let us go. They wanted damage compensation for what they will lose if they don't manage Bernard. But we didn't accept this offer.

"Obviously I use [the] opportunity now that Bernard had operation and dropped ranking, and I ask them and they give me free [release]. And I go. No one didn't dump Bernard, no-one didn't sack him. Bernard left IMG. We left IMG. We have different view, we are preparing [to] have different structure in the future."

Bernard, he said, would be willing and available if selected for Australia's world group qualifying tie against Uzbekistan in Perth in September, having missed the first round against France in February due to injury. Tomic senior scoffed at those who maintain the 21-year-old is destined to be seen as a wasted talent, and already yesterday's man.

"I can just laugh. No one understands how it is after injury, when you have two operations, hips. Lots of athletes, 50 per cent, never come [back]. Bernard did the procedure very slowly, [while] his hips are recovering, very patient," he said, while hinting that his son's work ethic may have been rightly questioned at times.

"You will see when your kid grow how they try to do everything different, it is always like that. It is hard to control kids, teenagers, 19, 20, 21 - you are travelling around every city, Rome, Paris, London, Miami, you know, there are lots of challenges for girls and for boys, distractions.

"But, anyway, I believe in hard work and results will come. You work hard and you don't be scared of no one - you can play, you can compete, you can fight."

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/tomics-we-werent-dumped-by-img-and-are-not-threatened-by-nick-kyrgios-20140723-zvybc.html

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Re: John Tomic: "IMG didn't sack Bernard. We left IMG. I believe in hard work"

Will somebody just ban this idiot from every tennis court on the planet, and ban anybody associating with him from playing tennis.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

Is John Tomic the new uncle Toni? :lol:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

Also believes in not paying Bernard's hitting partners and battering them instead

·
Your visions will happen
47,121 Posts

Is John Tomic the new uncle Toni? :lol:
Sure sounds that way :lol:

·
Registered
4,566 Posts

Will somebody just ban this idiot from every tennis court on the planet, and ban anybody associating with him from playing tennis.
Also cancel the Wimbledon and Davis Cup for 10 years if they apply for GB citizenship once Kyrgios enters top ten (before Tomic) without being awarded a single traffic penalty down under.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts

"But, anyway, I believe in hard work and results will come. You work hard and you don't be scared of no one - you can play, you can compete, you can fight."
Yeah by fight he means punch people in the face and put them in the hospital.

And the part about intentionally dropping in the rankings so that they could leave IMG? Comedy gold.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts

John Tomic is the father Tomic deserves, but not the one he needs right now.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts

Sounds legit. Bad bad men from IMG, spoiling little Benny with evil money. He's so much better without that.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts

was the point of this to make us laugh ... then job well done :yeah:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

What an absolute joke of a human being, this John Tomic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts