Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Twitter :
Here’s a question for my fellow ‘quarantine-ers’ ... What has been the toughest thing in your quarantine experience? For me it’s the 14 days without a window that opens or a time allotment to go outside for some air! Day 11 of 14. Nearly there

https://twitter.com/johnhmillman

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
Couldn't he get a hotel with windows that open? I get claustrophobic if they don't open at least a little bit.

Anyway, how new normal is that your own country doesn't allow you back in? A mere nine months ago that was unthinkable besides Cuba or N. Korea...

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
Couldn't he get a hotel with windows that open? I get claustrophobic if they don't open at least a little bit.

Anyway, how new normal is that your own country doesn't allow you back in? A mere nine months ago that was unthinkable besides Cuba or N. Korea...
I thought those places just didn’t let you leave, rather than not let you go back lol. Who the hell would want to go back to North Korea? In before the federest and sombrero stupido call me a xenophobe

·
Banned
5,793 Posts
I thought those places just didn’t let you leave, rather than not let you go back lol. Who the hell would want to go back to North Korea? In before the federest and sombrero stupido call me a xenophobe
Cuba doesn't let citizens back even for visits in many cases. Yeah N. Korea is something else...

·
Banned
5,488 Posts
And yet so many advocate these BS unscientific measures - all about your health and safety right? :oops:
agreed - we need to tear down these 5G towers and build walls around the edges of the earth, earth rather than focus on the BS public health measures being advocated for by the so called experts!

·
Registered
6,766 Posts
This has been standard practice in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, and many other places. My father went through it, though he had windows since it was the Hilton hotel. You all can judge how you want, but with three elderly grandparents in China it’s amazing that they can go about their lives worry free about Covid despite being super high risk. This is only possible because of the extremely rigid, strict quarantine requirements in place.

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
He really couldn't get a room with a window? Purleeease, what a drama queen!

The idea that having to follow quarantine protocols (following international travel during a pandemic) is akin to the totalitarian intrusions of a police state is just risible.

All this comic-book hysteria over having to follow a few rules is so much wet self-indulgence.

·
Registered
416 Posts
He really couldn't get a room with a window? Purleeease, what a drama queen!

The idea that having to follow quarantine protocols (following international travel during a pandemic) is akin to the totalitarian intrusions of a police state is just risible.

All this comic-book hysteria over having to follow a few rules is so much wet self-indulgence.
Remember when they said it's just a few weeks to flatten the curve?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Draconian nonsense.

4 steps

(1) Get a chinese lab to manufacture a super-flu
(2) instill panic for said virus + create mobs to instigate civil disobedience
(3) use said panic to restrict individual liberty and freedom
(4) control population/indoctrinate

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Remember when they said it's just a few weeks to flatten the curve?
Lol, no public health body anywhere in the world said that the initial lockdown to flatten the curve would be the final measure. There was never any promise that restrictions would only last for a few weeks and that there would be no need for future restrictions, because that's not how pandemics work.

If you feel that lockdown measures are too onerous, then fine, but likening these public health measures to police-state authoritarianism is so much screaming hysteria.

It's now been over 30 years since the fall of the Iron Curtain, which is enough time for a whole generation to grow up in Europe with no proper understanding of what authoritarian rule is (excluding of course those individuals who read history books).

The idea that John Millman, who was allowed travel the world during a pandemic and then allowed back home, is somehow subject to police state strictures because he has to follow quarantine rules, is laughable.

And who boils frogs? The lobster effect, surely?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
This is pretty ridiculous honestly. I think the CDC is reducing the quarantine period to 7 days tho but being locked in like he’s in solitary confinement is just ridiculous. He just needs to get tested every now and then and if he’s negative, then he can go about his business.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
This is pretty ridiculous honestly. I think the CDC is reducing the quarantine period to 7 days tho but being locked in like he’s in solitary confinement is just ridiculous. He just needs to get tested every now and then and if he’s negative, then he can go about his business.
No but the GOVERNMENT needs to protect HIM, because he doesn't know what to do on his own, he needs to be PROTECTED and TOLD what to do.

He's LUCKY he's being quarantined.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are all falling into being controlled by the state, North Korea style

1 - 20 of 62 Posts