Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He just made this comment on TV.
He said that Rafa should never play the FO again and just concentrate on the other slams.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
McEnroe going from praising Nadal for the "best volley ever" and such comments into wishing he never plays RG again?

He's about as stable as the rafatards that go from talking GOAT into wishing for retirement.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
he's going senile

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
He is spot ON. Rafa is god of clay nothing left to prove.Nobody takes his record ever. He should now concentrate on bringing up the rest of his resume. He proved in 2013. A hungry in form Nadal can do damage on hardcourt. And he can play on grass too. So I fully agree with the great Mcenroe.

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
He is right, the bounce is now higher at Wimbledon
Exactly. RG this year was playing like a low bouncing hard court. He wasn't even playing that bad but slow+low bounce is Djokovic territory.

Thankfully Wawrinka spoiled the French fixing; they had calculated him to lose early or by QF due to his inconsistency and Rome SF non-effort.

·
Banned
831 Posts
He probably meant Nadal now being way past his best, shouldn't ruin his great record at Roland Garros by losing to nobodies there. He is better off not playing there at all. I agree with that but I don't think Rafa's going to skip it.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
WTF? McEnroe, you're just weird.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
disagree. Did he say Federer should stop playing Wimbledon after he won all those titles? So Novak should now stop playing AO ?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
:facepalm:

McEnroe is just begging for attention. Next he'll probably suggest for Djokovic to play S&V only since he's proven so much with baseline rallies already.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,447 Posts
Aye, focus on the surfaces that he does shit on nowadays :spit: Actually, he doesn't do much better on clay anymore either...maybe McEnroe's right? :shrug: :haha: :haha:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I never seen it but clearly he was saying it in jest

Some people...

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
:facepalm:

McEnroe is just begging for attention. Next he'll probably suggest for Djokovic to play S&V only since he's proven so much with baseline rallies already.
No his comment holds value. The LEGEND that is McEnroe. Another lefty God needs no attention. As I write this McEnroe remains the most titled player of the Open era. 77 singles and 71 doubles. A legend of godlike status. No player will EVER break that record.

·
|
15,485 Posts
I know what McEnroe means.
Rafa's best chance of winning Wimbledon each year is to start preparing early.
He needs to lost by the QF stage of Roland Garros to have the best chance of getting enough rest and practice before Wimbledon.
So if you are going to tank the QF, then may as well skip Roland Garros altogether.
McEnroe knows Rafa will never decide to do this, so its in jest, but its true.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
New testing routines at RG we don't know about?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts