Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,329 Posts
Very few people like Djokovic. A tiny amount compared to the Nadals or Federers fanbase. Not only in the Internet, but in real life too. If a player gets booed as early as stepping a foot on the court like has happened many times this year its because the player is doing things wrong. Thats why History will not be kind to him, he failed at the most important thing, being loved by the crowd.
Sure, being loved by the crowd that 80-90 % consisted of Fedal fandom + 10 % fans of Pistol Pete & Laver ? while No1e was breaking or threatening all their records.

All No1e could do was imagining they shouted Nole instead of Roger/Rafa.

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
But Waz, we're talking about Novak – the man, the myth, the legend!
Lol.

There are certain athletes that are talked about long after they are done playing. Examples include Ali, Jordan, Maradona, Pele. I reckon Federer will be still be talked about 20-30 years from now. Maybe even Nadal. But Djokovic will be forgotten very quickly, once he is done playing, in my opinion.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lol.

There are certain athletes that are talked about long after they are done playing. Examples include Ali, Jordan, Maradona, Pele. I reckon Federer will be still be talked about 20-30 years from now. Maybe even Nadal. But Djokovic will be forgotten very quickly, once he is done playing, in my opinion.

This guy thinks no one will be talking about the BIG3 20-30 years from now 😂 😂 😂

The greatest era in the history of sports can't be mentioned without factoring in the name Djokovic. This is the main reason why Fedal is so butthurt about his success!

You can no longer mention their names without the mention of Novak.

Deal with it!😘

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts

This guy thinks no one will be talking about the BIG3 20-30 years from now 😂 😂 😂

The greatest era in the history of sports can't be mentioned without factoring in the name Djokovic. This is the main reason why Fedal is so butthurt about his success!

You can no longer mention their names without the mention of Novak.

Deal with it!😘
Fedal rivalry from 2005-09 transcended tennis. That is what people will remember more in 20-30 years than anything Djokovic did.

Federer and Nadal were both ATG players before Djokovic was even relevant.

Deal with it!😘

·
Registered
5,331 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Fedal rivalry from 2005-09 transcended tennis. That is what people will remember more in 20-30 years than anything Djokovic did.

Deal with it!😘
Yeah, maybe old farts like you. 😂

Most of the young guns these days started watching tennis when it was dominated by Nadal/Djokovic. They will be the ones who dominate/shape the discussion around tennis 20-30yrs from now.

Doesn't matter how relevant Fedal was before Djokovic. They're ALL 3 relevant now and that's not changing. :whistle:

·
Registered
Federer
4,795 Posts

Deal with it!😘
It really did. Have to give credit to Nadal for challenging Federer even though he couldn't beat the other top players on tour in order to meet Federer more often.

Reactions: Waz

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
Yeah, maybe old farts like you. 😂

Most of the young guns these days started watching tennis when it was dominated by Nadal/Djokovic. They will be the ones who dominate/shape the discussion around tennis 20-30yrs from now.

Doesn't matter how relevant Fedal was before Djokovic. They're ALL 3 relevant now and that's not changing. :whistle:
Of course, tennis fans will remember Djokovic but will non tennis fans even know who is after he is done playing?

In 10-20 years, if you ask a non tennis fan “do you know who Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal is?” They will say “yes, the tennis player.” But if you ask the same question about Novak Djokovic, they will say “who?”

That is because Federer and Nadal (even if I am not a fan of his) have both transcended tennis, which is something Djokovic hasn’t.

Reactions: tribalfusion

·
Registered
7,329 Posts

Deal with it!😘
2005-2011 HC slams:

Federer-Nadal 0:1 (i.e. just one rubber played).

Whereas despite being one year younger than Nadal who was also an earlier bloomer, Djokovic has amassed eight rubbers vs Federer (4:4), but just one HC slam final, USO'07, because they have always been placed in the same AO/USO half opposite to Nadal, so that Kiadal Nikedal could finally reach a lucrative HC slam final vs Federer, considering they've amassed 6-7 finals at RG&Wimb beforehand.

Djokovic beat Federer off-clay earlier than Nadal and has won off-clay slam earlier than Nadal, at AO'08.

Also, if young Djokovic had always been placed in Federer's half at RG instead of Nadal's, he could've played some RG finals instead of Federer, but they've again made it sure Nadal-Federer final was a far more probable outcome.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts