Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rumor has been doing the rounds for a while but it's been confirmed according to this article (see link).

John has been contacted by Team Lagardère to help out Richard Gasquet. Eric Deblicker will stay on as his full-time coach but John is going to be part of the team for about 10 weeks per year, mostly during the Masters Series and the Grand Slam events.

http://www.grandchelem.net/mon_weblog/2008/04/sccop-mcenroe-v.html#more

That's not an april fools day thing of Grandchelem, is it? Gasquet fans?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
is this true........0_0 looks like Jmac got sick of commentating????

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Very odd pair! Omg i can reallys see Gasquets heart fall to his stomach everytime he plays makes an error!

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Very odd pair! Omg i can reallys see Gasquets heart fall to his stomach everytime he plays makes an error!
Odd pair, indeed, but I can see the possibilities here - perhaps Johnny Mac will be able to do something about Gasquet's 'fighting spirit' (if he has that at all, :p). We'll have to see how this will all work out, sounds interesting at least (if it's indeed true, of course).

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
A more interesting way to spend time than hawking cereal, I suppose:

I wonder if the extra fiber has evened out his temper. :)
:haha:

Reminds me... Johnny Mac is currently starring in an advertisement for a lottery over here. Guess that's what gave him the inspiration to have a go (oops :tape:) at Gasquet. :D

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Gasquet doesn't have the same passion or will that J-Mac had. And it's not something you can teach.

The partnership won't last long.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Gasquet doesn't have the same passion or will that J-Mac had. And it's not something you can teach.

The partnership won't last long.
Well, I had to come up with some kind of reason, no? ;)

·
Registered
19,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm still wondering if it's true, though or whether it's an april 1 thing.

I can't really picture John McEnroe and Richard Gasquet teaming up.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Odd pair, indeed, but I can see the possibilities here - perhaps Johnny Mac will be able to do something about Gasquet's 'fighting spirit' (if he has that at all, :p). We'll have to see how this will all work out, sounds interesting at least (if it's indeed true, of course).
Fighting spirit along with french temper comes to mind:angel::eek:

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
John: That ball in last game was out, the fucking ump was killing u!!, you should have challenged it!!

Richard: *head down, looking done", No big deal, I was gonna lose anyway...

John: WTF? Fight you tool!

Richard: I have too much pressure, John....

John: What pressure, u kidding me? I coaching a freaking heartless muppet!!!*bangs Gasquet´s head ala Misha*

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
John: That ball in last game was out, the fucking ump was killing u!!, you should have challenged it!!

John: What pressure, u kidding me? I coaching a freaking heartless muppet!!!*bangs Gasquet´s head ala Misha*
:haha: :haha:

Strange thing is I can totally see something like that happening :scared:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
"aiii stop...calme toi jean-mac"

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
6,103 Posts

:haha:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
I'm still wondering if it's true, though or whether it's an april 1 thing.

I can't really picture John McEnroe and Richard Gasquet teaming up.
Me too... but well, stranger things have happened in the World of Tennis! ;)

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I have been wishing for John to coach Richard since last year. I can't believe it's finally happening. Hope it's not April's fools.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts