Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This guy is the 2nd tallest player on the ATP tour. Unlike Karlovic and to a lesser extend Dick Norman who he played the other day, he has not tasted any success on the tour. So it is not good enough to just have the height.

Oh check out the funny photo of Isner and Norman pictured with the referee. They tower over him. :lol:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/gallery/?Event=gstaad

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Isner is okay, but I'm 90% sure he won't break the top 125. Kevin Anderson seems to be the real deal tho.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
This guy is the 2nd tallest player on the ATP tour. Unlike Karlovic and to a lesser extend Dick Norman who he played the other day, he has not tasted any success on the tour. So it is not good enough to just have the height.

Oh check out the funny photo of Isner and Norman pictured with the referee. They tower over him. :lol:

He's been playing the circuit for about 10 minutes and he's had a successful college career. Perhaps we should give him a bit longer to develop? He won a Futures event in Northern California in June, so there's hope for him. He has a support thread in the Team USA forum if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Isner is okay, but I'm 90% sure he won't break the top 125. Kevin Anderson seems to be the real deal tho.

Isner beat Anderson easily in college.

As has been said, this was his first tournament.

Good god, don't you think it might be a good idea to give

him a year or so before he is declared a sack of shit?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
John is still a newbie pro.

I wanted him to do well here, but he lost to a guy whos been on tour a while, granted he hasnt been hot, yet he has the experience.

John will develop over time.

·
Registered
10,759 Posts
Isner beat Anderson easily in college.

As has been said, this was his first tournament.

Good god, don't you think it might be a good idea to give

him a year or so before he is declared a sack of shit?
I was there, I know.

I am a Georgia fan and an Isner fan, but check out Anderson's results (hi, he has gotten better the last 1.5 months) and realize that being realistic doesn't mean I'm trashing Isner.

·
Banned
253 Posts

Man do you really need to lie about your height when you are that freaking tall? Isner is at LEAST two inches taller than Norman. He's at least 2 inches in that picture and he's leaning over!

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
he's 22 and has done nothing.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts
yes, im awair of that but why has he only just started now if he has any real talent? surely if he could do well on the atp circuit he would have left college tennis.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Never watched him play but... :\

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
yes, im awair of that but why has he only just started now if he has any real talent? surely if he could do well on the atp circuit he would have left college tennis.
Perhaps he enjoyed the college experience, wanted to complete his degree, and be an integral part of a national championship team. I don't think the social life is too bad in Athens either.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Perhaps he is the first person in his family who had the opportunity to complete a college degree on a scholarship, and that was more important to him.

ps - aware :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts