Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this on Eurosport on the pop-up news,there is no article as of yet

Thomas Johansson, the 2002 Australian open champion, could be sidelined for up to seven months following surgery on a knee injury

·
Gugaholic
84,779 Posts
Here's a detail report.
Johansson faces long lay-off after knee surgery
2003-02-10 21:38:24 GMT (Reuters)

STOCKHOLM, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Last year's Australian Open champion Thomas Johansson said on Monday he could be out of action for up to seven months following surgery on a knee injury that has bothered him since last August.

The Swede will undergo an operation on Tuesday in an attempt to put an end to the injury that forced him to withdraw from the last two grand slam events, last year's U.S. Open and the defence of his Melbourne title.

"Doctors have told me that I might only be out for two months, but if my injury doesn't respond that could stretch to seven months," Johansson told the Swedish news agency TT.

Johansson has tried several different methods to regain full fitness -- including weight-lifting, ultra-sound treatment and vitamin shots -- but has failed to get the desired results.

"The knee has not improved quickly enough so I've decided to take the bull by the horns and try something else."

Johansson has not played competitively since replacing Andre Agassi in the final group stage game at the Masters in Shanghai in November and also missed Sweden's 3-2 first round win over Brazil at the Davis Cup last weekend.

With an injury recovery likely to take at least two months, Johansson is expected to miss Sweden's quarter-final Davis Cup tie with Australia in early April.

·
Registered
742 Posts
poor thomas :sad:

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
so

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yeah really, so......it's not like he is a threat to anyone in the tennis ranks anyway!!!!.......the Aussie Open win was so lucky.....the only reason Marat didn't win is cause he couldn't keep his eyes off of his girlfriend and her boobs that were hanging out when she was watching him!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts