Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who is the greatest jerk of all time in tennis. it would appear that all the jerks come from the open era.

here are the candidates:

1. Nastase (Nasty)
2. Connors
3. Johhny mac
4. Jeff Terrango
5. Soderling

who am i missing? we can then see if we can arrive at a some sort of a concensus as to who is the greatest jerk of all time.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
You have Soderling but not Roddick or Djokovic? :lol:

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
This one has been done before.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
What about Muster and Agassi?

And yes, Soderling does look a bit odd in that list :lol:

·
124,507 Posts

·
124,507 Posts
In fairness the most disliked player is not necessarily the biggest jerk.
It wouldn't have mattered I could have worded it differently and the results would be the same.

Is Nadal a jerk, not really, but there has to be more than one reason as to why he is the most hated on here.

Coria and Hewitt as well.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It wouldn't have mattered I could have worded it differently and the results would be the same.

Is Nadal a jerk, not really, but there has to be more than one reason as to why he is the most hated on here.

Coria and Hewitt as well.

now there is one we missed. hewitt. the deal with him is that once he married and became a father, he became a different person. he shows proper respect to the players now and is much more soft spoken and complimentary of other players in his interviews now.

this is in contrast to somebody like johhny mac who still cries and screams like a hapless bitch in his matches. he still chews out the chair umpires and lines persons.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
I forgot Hewitt. :lol:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where to begin? :lol:
is it the ball bouncing or his medical timeouts? he is within the rules or he would be penalized.

as for his impressions, both Fed and Nadal were not happy about it and he is accordingly backing away from that.

he is just a confident player. if he was timid and weak, he would not be where he is today. and he certainly would not be able to challenge the mighty Fed.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Connors' behavior toward David Littlefield (the chair umpire) during the infamous US Open match against Krickstein should earn him top honors. I would give Muster second place because (unlike Nasty and McEnroe), he was too much of a coward to be a jerk to his opponents to their faces, but did things like spitting on their back (specifically, Pat Rafter) during changeovers. And Nasty and McEnroe at least could be humorous at times.

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Connors' behavior toward David Littlefield (the chair umpire) during the infamous US Open match against Krickstein should earn him top honors. I would give Muster second place because (unlike Nasty and McEnroe), he was too much of a coward to be a jerk to his opponents to their faces, but did things like spitting on their back (specifically, Pat Rafter) during changeovers. And Nasty and McEnroe at least could be humorous at times.

i evidently missed that incidence. i saw a vast majority of his matches that were televised. all i ever saw was a determined player who did not know how to quit. i also saw that he had a fair amount of respect from his fellow pros. agassi and sampras made some negative remarks about his domination on clay but i didnt think that was fair. he was forced to reinvent himself on clay after a drunk driver destroyed his knee beyond recognition.

·
124,507 Posts
I wouldn't know ripping out a banana from another players hands at the change of ends is something behind their backs.

Calling Mark Woodforde a faggot throughout a match, while looking at him.

Ah! Muster not humorous, hahaha, seems the wit escaped you and don't get deadpan.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts