Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure Berrer hitting the overhead straight into the net was a horrible and embarrassing moment. But as a coach I felt that Jimmy Connors should not have been so openly disrespectful of Andy's opponent. Maybe it's because I believe in karma. I don't believe in gloating. And I also believe that what goes around comes around. When Andy makes mistakes, others may be equally unsympathetic. For shame Jimmy.

·
Premium Member
2,766 Posts
I think everybody aside from Berrer and his coach will have laughed at that one, almost impossible not to.. I doubt any offence was meant.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Everyone whiffs an overhead like that from time to time... Jimmy's school girl giggling over that point and several others was simply gross!

He was an ass when he played and he's an ass now. Zebra's don't change their stripes. He fits very well with Roddick!

·
Registered
340 Posts
yeah... i thought that was just 'unclassy' :cuckoo:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Maybe somebody's coach will laugh at Andy when he gets his ass kicked. ;)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Didn't he also laugh when Roddick made mistakes? I thought there was a point when Roddick was frustrated and looked at his direction but there he was, all pink with glee.

·
Registered
17,866 Posts
Jimmy laughed even harder when Andy whiffed two shots in a row. None of us have any idea what was going in the box during any of those points and there is no telling what Connors was smiling at all night, it certainly wasn't the way Andy was playing.

Bad Andy, no cookie.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Well....I mean, Jimmy's not exactly known for being a polite guy. I bet he'd laugh if the Duck did that too.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Jimmy spent most of the 3rd set giggling to himself. Every time the camera went on him he was doing it. I don't think it was directed at Berrer. He just seemed to be enjoying his evening.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Well....I mean, Jimmy's not exactly known for being a polite guy. I bet he'd laugh if the Duck did that too.
You are wrong. Jimmy Connors is the definition of class.

·
Registered
6,335 Posts
Connors finaly found someone with a shitter baseline game than Roddick, I would smile too if I was Connors.

Reactions: SerenaFederer

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Connors finaly found someone with a shitter baseline game than Roddick, I would smile too if I was Connors.
:haha:

That day, Roddick was Federer and Berrer was Roddick.

·
Registered
7,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jimmy laughed even harder when Andy whiffed two shots in a row. None of us have any idea what was going in the box during any of those points and there is no telling what Connors was smiling at all night, it certainly wasn't the way Andy was playing.

Bad Andy, no cookie.
So not true. He was already laughing at Berrer and simply continued laughing til the end of the match.

Like I said, what goes around comes around. Jimmy's arrogance was not a pretty sight.

I must say that I have never seen Andy disrespect any opponent. On the contrary, Andy goes out of his way to be charming and respectful. I hope he tells his employee/coach that he did not appreciate that behavior. :eek:

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
So not true. He was already laughing at Berrer and simply continued laughing til the end of the match.

Like I said, what goes around comes around. Jimmy's arrogance was not a pretty sight.

I must say that I have never seen Andy disrespect any opponent. On the contrary, Andy goes out of his way to be charming and respectful. I hope he tells his employee/coach that he did not appreciate that behavior. :eek:
Don't worry. Uncle Toni will be rolling on the floor laughing when Nadal schools Roddick.

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
Didn't he also laugh when Roddick made mistakes? I thought there was a point when Roddick was frustrated and looked at his direction but there he was, all pink with glee.
True.

And everyone smiles when a player makes a horrid mistake. Sometimes even the player does too.

No big deal.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts