Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim Courier: "One of Nadal’s strengths is that he’s so humble"

Jim Courier, a former world number one and French Open champion, has told The Tennis Space that Rafa Nadal has avoided complacency by "never buying into his own greatness". Courier is part of ITV’s team for this year’s French Open.

"One of Nadal’s strengths is that he’s so humble, that he’s surprised at what he has achieved, and that he has never bought into his greatness. He’s always felt as though he’s he has to earn everything, on a match to match, and point to point, basis. That’s one of the marks of his genius, that he’s convinced himself that he can’t rest on his laurels."

"We have to remember that he’s only ever lost one best-of-five-set match on red clay. And that’s because he makes things so physical. It’s already a big enough challenge to beat Nadal over three sets on clay, but trying to do it over five sets is the biggest challenge in the history of men’s tennis. He’s had question marks over his body this year, but hopefully those question marks have been replaced by exclamation points. You hope that he’s feeling good after playing some long matches in Rome. Even though he didn’t win the title in Rome, you hope that he got some physical confidence out of it. In Paris, if he can make matches physical, he’s so tough to beat."

http://www.thetennisspace.com/courier-nadal-has-never-bought-into-his-own-greatness/

Courier and Rafa (AOpen 2011)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Re: Jim Courier: "One of Nadal’s strengths is that he’s so humble"

Great article.
But 90% of MTF will now all go like fakedull, humbledall etc etc.
If everyone slightly important in tennis says he genuinly is humble, why do all the mtf haters here say it's all an act?

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

"One of Nadal’s strengths is that he’s so humble, that he’s surprised at what he has achieved, and that he has never bought into his greatness. He’s always felt as though he’s he has to earn everything, on a match to match, and point to point, basis. That’s one of the marks of his genius, that he’s convinced himself that he can’t rest on his laurels."

So, bottom line, he says that he is borderline delusional? :rolls:

Shots fired

·
Registered
7,552 Posts

Is there supposed to be something noteworthy in this article? This has always been the general opinion of Nadal, though if you spent every moment on this site you'd never know it...

·
Registered
813 Posts

Nadal's great strength is to make people believe that he's humble.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

In before Nadull Hating Humbalito Fakedal Cheatdal Luckdal Dopedal Paella Time Violation Tio Toni Courts Speed World Tour Finals Not On Clay Complaining The Balls Are Soaked Complaining Rosol Motion On Return Complaining Rosol Bumping At The Changeover Ass Picking Hand Sniffing Piggy Roasting Shots Firing Shit Storming Tard Waring Nadal GOATing King Of Clay Weak Era Federer Fluking Wawrinka Fluking Djokovic Not Winning Roland Garros Injured Warrior Dmitry Tursunov Christophe Rochus Steve Darcis Nikolay Davydenko Moonball Pushing Can't Defend A Title Outside Clay Courier Nadal Fanboy Courier is Right True Unbiased Analyst Courier Has No Business Analysing The Sport I Hate Courier I Hate Agassi I Hate Mcenroe I Hate Tennis Never In Doubt LOL Etcs.

·
Registered
893 Posts

In before Nadull Hating Humbalito Fakedal Cheatdal Luckdal Dopedal Paella Time Violation Tio Toni Courts Speed World Tour Finals Not On Clay Complaining The Balls Are Soaked Complaining Rosol Motion On Return Complaining Rosol Bumping At The Changeover Ass Picking Hand Sniffing Piggy Roasting Shots Firing Shit Storming Tardwaring Nadal GOATing Federer Fluking Wawrinka Fluking Djokovic Not Winning Roland Garros Injured Warrior Dmitry Tursunov Christophe Rochus Steve Darcis Nikolay Davydenko Moonball Pushing Can't Defend A Title Outside Clay Courier Nadal Fanboy Courier is Right True Unbiased Analyst Courier Has No Business Analysing The Sport I Hate Courier I Hate Agassi I Hate Mcenroe I Hate Tennis Never In Doubt LOL Etcs.
I guess most tards on MTF are in fact bots that post random words and phrases from a database.

·
Registered
17,365 Posts

I can buy this....but pretending that you aren't the favorite (in previous years) is something that I refuse to buy.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

Courier also says that Isner is a contender for RG so.... :lol:

·
Registered
5,220 Posts

He’s had question marks over his body this year, but hopefully those question marks have been replaced by exclamation points.
Never in doubt, healthy Dull hasn't lost a match this year.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

Never in doubt, healthy Dull hasn't lost a match this year.
Six question marks to this date. You'd think he's new Beric Dondarrion.

Hopefully he recovers

·
Registered
9,116 Posts

He's humble to a point but when he claims he isn't the favourite for a match, it gets ridiculous. Especially when he says it it in 2013, not 2003.

·
Registered
865 Posts

Great article.
But 90% of MTF will now all go like fakedull, humbledall etc etc.
If everyone slightly important in tennis says he genuinly is humble, why do all the mtf haters here say it's all an act?
Try to make Fedtards speak sth positive or informative and show respect for Rafa is impossible.
The greater he is, they hate him more.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 142 Posts