Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was just in the Fan, WFAN in nyc, thats Courier and said Guillermo is a punk and is one of those guys that when he was in school, would sit in the back and throw paper airplanes :devil: , and said he was a teacher's pet,hahaha.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
If he were still on tour, Courier would have already beaten the living daylights out of Coria. He was one of the most no-nonsense guys on the tour.

And before anybody suggests that he would also beat the crap out of Lleyton, you might want to check out some of Jim's comments about Lleyton, so you don't look like a fool. Just a gentle warning. :angel:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
dorkgirl said:
I would agree with both statements. Coria is a punk, and Courier is an asshole.
But Jim has such good taste in men . . . :angel:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
WFAN is, in my opinion, the best sports talk radio program in America...Anyway, I respect Courier's opinion...He has moved up to Johnny Mac level with respect to commentary skill and expertise...

By the way, why the "gay" jokes? I've seen these comments on other boards? I have never understood the references...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Courier makes comments that sometimes sounds . . . well, gay. Personally, I think he's aware of our obsession with his comments, and he's milking the whole situation for everything it's worth. Good on him (and I agree about his growing skills as a commentator).

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
There is a chance that Courier isn't gay...also a chance that Flip isn't a Queen...of course, there's being gay vs. acting upon it...I think even in guy's tennis there's a problem w/guys being gay, even if one isn't Chinese American...

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Coria is a punk :woohoo: bad boys rule

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Socket said:
If he were still on tour, Courier would have already beaten the living daylights out of Coria. He was one of the most no-nonsense guys on the tour.

And before anybody suggests that he would also beat the crap out of Lleyton, you might want to check out some of Jim's comments about Lleyton, so you don't look like a fool. Just a gentle warning. :angel:
The gentle warning is unnecessary.
Courier is not a scholar authority on assholeness.

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
LLeytonRules said:
He was just in the Fan, WFAN in nyc, thats Courier and said Guillermo is a punk and is one of those guys that when he was in school, would sit in the back and throw paper airplanes :devil: , and said he was a teacher's pet,hahaha.

What a dumb thing to say! First McEnroe about Venus last night, now Courier?

·
Comparisons are Odious
10,541 Posts
LLeytonRules said:
Coria is playing some good tennis even if he is a punk, just took the first set.

Yep, he played well..............I hope he wins this.

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
TennisLurker said:
The gentle warning is unnecessary.
Courier is not a scholar authority on assholeness.
Indeed. Courier is human, and much like Socket, is totally capable of being hypocritical, inconsistent, or apply double standards.

I like Jim anyways though :devil:

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Chloe said:
Indeed. Courier is human, and much like Socket, is totally capable of being hypocritical, inconsistent, or apply double standards.

I like Jim anyways though :devil:
But you don't like me? :sad: Talk about your double standards . . . :sad:

·
Registered
28,276 Posts
At least you caught the joke! I was afraid that I was being too subtle. It's nice to know that it's not actually possible for me to be subtle :D

·
Registered
850 Posts
sawan66278 said:
WFAN is, in my opinion, the best sports talk radio program in America...Anyway, I respect Courier's opinion...He has moved up to Johnny Mac level with respect to commentary skill and expertise....
Absolutely agree on this. I may not always agree with Courier's comments, but he provides a very knowledgeable and likable presence in the broadcast booth.

sawan66278 said:
By the way, why the "gay" jokes? I've seen these comments on other boards? I have never understood the references...
I don't get it either.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts