Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone feels this way but i feel that courier talks crap. He sucks up too rafa so much and he looks for reasons to foil federer. He says some of the weirdest things. Will the oz open ever get him replaced?

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Yeah Courier says some really weird things, and I don't know how much more of 'RAHHHHH-FAHHHHH' I can handle, but other than that I like him. He's entertaining and seems to know what he's talking about. He pays credit where it's due and has the personal experience needed for the position. Replace Newcombe and put a ban on Navratilova and I'll be happy. Keep Jim.

·
Registered
27,246 Posts
Better than Pmac.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL yeah he says it RAAAAA FAHHH like he htinks he sounds cool the way he says it.

·
RAJ KAREGA KHALSA
9,981 Posts
Courier's the man. You guys are lucky to have him. We'll trade you Bud Collins for him. How 'bout that? We'll also give you Mary Carillo for a vegemite sandwich.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Courier's the man. You guys are lucky to have him. We'll trade you Bud Collins for him. How 'bout that? We'll also give you Mary Carillo for a vegemite sandwich.
Hes not the man. i want Johny macenroe to come back hes funny good humor not idiot humor like the red nut four time slam champion

·
Registered
11,323 Posts
I'm in Australia and I don't have any problem with Courier's commentary.

I reckon he is good and respectful to anyone who is playing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Courier is fine. I used to dislike him but now I appreciate him, he's one of the best.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I reckon he is good and respectful to anyone who is playing.
Yeah thats so true. Australian commentators are never nice to Ferrero, always degrading him. But during his match against Nalbandian, both Courier and also Roger Rasheed were very complementary towards JC. Listen to Newcombe commentary and it's full of insults. And not only does he praise the match, but also the career of the players. I enjoy Courier, but saying that I also enjoy listening to McEnroe. Both quality commentators.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It really can't be that much worse than the dolts they are serving up on ESPN. I thought Bud Collins was gone for good, and having PMac talk tennis to me is like having Britney Spears writing a book on how to be a parent; they tried it once, and now innocents are suffering.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I really like Jim Courier's commentary and I think he carries on more about Federer than Nadal.

During the semi final between Nadal and Tsonga he was constantly praising Tsonga and when he praised Nadal's endurance it was done with realism.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
I hate Mary Carillo. When I first heard her commentating and I didn't know who it was I thought that it was a man speaking. :rolls:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
jim is fine. i think he's funny. and i like his energy. he gives good on court interviews as well.

and i know that i should appreciate that we have him instead of some others in the world...

·
Registered
123 Posts
in india, most of commentary is done by Vijay Amritraj and he is very good...
he knows a damn lot about a lot of players..
always throws in some interesting snippet..

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
in india, most of commentary is done by Vijay Amritraj and he is very good...
he knows a damn lot about a lot of players..
always throws in some interesting snippet..
Is he the one who keeps using the word 'glorious'? "that is a glorious pass", "that is a glorious forehand", that is a glorious backhand"
But yeah, I do like him.:D

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Jim is great, hope we have him at the AO for many years to come

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is he the one who keeps using the word 'glorious'? "that is a glorious pass", "that is a glorious forehand", that is a glorious backhand"
But yeah, I do like him.:D
yes , he does use "glorious" a lot , doesnt he.. :D
still quite an intelligent commentator..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts