Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Always when i see him play i think: When is his game falling in place and will he crack the top 100? This was really bombing Veic of the field...

Now draw De Bakker and back to the top 100 edge..

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
Re: Jesse Huta Galung df. Antonio Veic

Jesse completely domineered Veic, losing only one game. He hasn't been in form at all, but it seems to have all come together this week. It's great to see him qualify :worship:

·
Registered
224 Posts

One day he serves everyone to oblivion, the next day he chokes against clownish mugs. I like him.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Re: Jesse Huta Galung df. Antonio Veic 0 and 1

Well, Veic is terrible.

·
Banned
21,935 Posts

veic had to stay up until near midnight last night, he was never winning today

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

One day he serves everyone to oblivion, the next day he chokes against clownish mugs. I like him.
He'll fit right into and out of and into and out of the top 50 someday.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

Hutagalung is an Indonesian name from Batak ethnicity.
Is he Indonesian? what nationality is he?

·
Banned
34,908 Posts

He's from the Netherlands, but his ethnic origins potentially aren't purely/predominantly Dutch.

Anyway, he was unimpressive v Teixeira and Burquier, so this scoreline and result is an extremely strong one for Jesse. With that said, Veic played a long match last night and really has no business being this close to making a major on this surface.

Good effort qualifying, let's see what he can do in the main draw.

·
Registered
10,079 Posts

Ah as I suspected. His father must be from Indonesia, and he is a bataknese.

Dutch colonized Indonesia for more than 3 centuries, and there are many former Indonesians migrated to Holland.

The dutych #1 female swimmer, ranomi kromowidjojo is also Indoensian descent, her family name is as javanese as they get.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Will play James Blake first round. Crowd will be against him but there were lesser times to draw James..

·
Registered
21,932 Posts

Wow, lol.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts

Pretty awesome that Jesse managed to reach the main draw! :D
His first main draw opponent will be Blake. That may well be just a bit too much of an order for Jesse, but who knows what's more in store for him.

Ah as I suspected. His father must be from Indonesia, and he is a bataknese.

Dutch colonized Indonesia for more than 3 centuries, and there are many former Indonesians migrated to Holland.

The dutych #1 female swimmer, ranomi kromowidjojo is also Indoensian descent, her family name is as javanese as they get.
Yeah, that's true, we still have a lot of folks from Indonesian descent living over here. The colonization of Indonesia surely wasn't one of the prettiest parts of Dutch history, btw...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts