Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Better than I expected from Janowicz. He served pretty well and the UEs weren't a lot more than when he was playing years ago. I'm disappointed with Machac tho, he missed too many chances to break and got soft when he had to hold his own serve.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So has Janowicz derailed again?
He withdrew from two consequent tournaments quoting "personal reasons" for 1st and "injury" for 2nd, but he is called up to the DC team in March.

·
23,037 Posts
IMO the true head of the Lost Gen (1st 90's born player to reach a Masters level final I think) and was supposed to join Dimitrov, Raonic and Nishikori as the next supporting 4, but sadly since he got injured in 2014 or so he just wasn't able to get back on track -- hopefully he is successful this time especially he's not even hitting 30 yet.

·
Registered
939 Posts
IMO the true head of the Lost Gen (1st 90's born player to reach a Masters level final I think) and was supposed to join Dimitrov, Raonic and Nishikori as the next supporting 4, but sadly since he got injured in 2014 or so he just wasn't able to get back on track -- hopefully he is successful this time especially he's not even hitting 30 yet.
Great #throwbacktuesday. Make no mistake he was the first to reach first M1000 final out of those. Nishikori was the next that being in Madrid 2014 (Djokovic and Federer withdrew).

Now that you mentioned those... had me thinking of Raonic's M1000 finals. 1,833... games per final? Quite an achievement. In a bad way.

As for Janowicz - makes us wonder what could have been. He has very kind draw here til SF.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
PAU CH R3: Jerzy „Counter Strike” Janowicz def. L. Giustino 6-4, 6-7(5), 6-3.

Who’s next?!?
A Janowicz-Gulbis final would be epic;)

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
Actually kept an eye on Gulbis and Janowicz today, pleasantly surprised by the level of both of them, hope they can get back to the main tour. Janowicz had the help of some choking by Vesely, but here we are. Forget about Djokovic-Tsitsipas and Nadal-Fritz, Gulbis-Janowicz is the real final this week:cool:

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Amazing celebration by Janowicz, great crowd. Vesely double faulted on matchpoint.

The match the whole world is waiting for: Gulbis - Janowicz in a final, get your popcorn and enjoy.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Big roar from Janowicz. 14 sets without being broken I believe.

When was the last time two GS SF players had a match @ challenger tour?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Oh how I've missed those neanderthal roars. Vesely will be kicking himself giving it away after being 5*:2 up in that final tiebreak.

What a great ATP 500 tournament this is. Forget the boredom at the Acapulco and Dubai challengers, this one is where the real stuff is happening.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts