Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He plays Tomas Machac in the first round of Rennes challenger. It will be his first competitive match since 2017. Jerzy was practicing in Mallorca (or some other Spanish island, maybe Canaries, I am not sure) during the offseason as hard as he was playing the video games. What do you think about his possible comeback ? I saw some videos from the training sessions and he looked a bit rusty, but that was to be expected....

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
He plays Tomas Machac in the first round of Rennes challenger. It will be his first competitive match since 2017. Jerzy was practicing in Mallorca (or some other Spanish island, maybe Canaries, I am not sure) during the offseason as hard as he was playing the video games. What do you think about his possible comeback ? I saw some videos from the training sessions and he looked a bit rusty, but that was to be expected....
Tenerife.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
It's high time JJ resumed his journey to the top!

Tenerife.
That's right. Perfect place for sporting camps all year long, especially for cyclists.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
JJ is the wildcard of all wildcards. Anything is possible, top 20 return or never win another match. Hope he makes it big, he was fun to watch. So much potential. Remember Gimelston said during his Wimbledon semi run: "The sky is the limit for Janowicz, he's big, he hits with power, big serve and he moves around the court well."

·
Registered
859 Posts
Good to hear but not expecting much.

Will try to watch some of the Rennes tournament. Obviously a weak field with AO / qualifiers being played.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Jerzy's one of the most unfortunate players what comes to injuries, all different kinds, one after another.
I'd say that even Delpo looks pretty healthy compared to Jerzy, and that's saying a lot.

This is exiting news and I do admire him for not calling it quits a long time ago. Hopefully this will be a start of many good things to finally come his way, and if not, at least he will know he tried all he could.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
Probably the best mover of all players above 200 cm but always thought his serve was not that good (too flat and predictable).

·
Registered
868 Posts
Probably the best mover of all players above 200 cm but always thought his serve was not that good (too flat and predictable).
His serve was of the hardest ever with speeds up to 150 mph but he had no placement or consistency whatsoever and also double faulted a lot.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Pretty unpredictable player, even crazy at times. Still, he was a threat when playing his best. Doubt he'll do much now, but let's see. Btw Machac is a really good player and I expect a lot from him.

·
Registered
21,257 Posts
Tennis is alive again after going without a pulse for 2+ years. Seeing the Janowicz dropshot is just what I needed to survive Blue Monday

1 - 20 of 23 Posts