Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Darkness smiled friends, I've come to chat with you again.:)

Jennifer IMHO, is not sick, and she should be fined for withdrawing so late. She saw that she had Momo in the draw and said "Freak It."

I am outraged!! I mean OUTRAGED!:);)

I know if Venus withdrew in this same manner and at the same time as Jennifer did that "The sounds Of Silence" would be no more.:p

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dawn Marie,

I think it's "Darkness, my old friend"! ;)

I'm sticking with my theory - -Jen is back in rehab, after her parents saw those pics in the NY post of her dancing in her bra in a Manhattan club. And the program lasts 28 days.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Jenny's schedule is bewildering! After she won Oz, she took a month or so off. And has never recovered. Now she hasn't played since the U.S. Open. Now another long break.

I hope Jenny finds the eye of the Tiger again.

Janie, that was a silly comment about Jenny and rehab! Are you Rona Barrett all of a sudden? ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
I can only speak for myself -- I was not trying to be nasty.

I do not root for Jennifer, but I am concerned about her as a human being. A person WITH A HISTORY OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE is in deep trouble if they are out late in bars drinking and cavorting. What is an eveing of harmless fun for another person can be disastrous for a person with such problems in their past.

I am sure that Jennifer's loved ones were devastated to see those pics in the paper which show that Jennifer has not put her siubstance abuse problems behind her, or that she has returned to her former lifestyle. No, you are not supposed to drink any alcohol after recovering from a drug problem.

So for her own sake and the sake of her family, I HOPE that Jennifer is in rehab right now. Probably my earlier post wrongly seemed to make light of this serious issue, and I apologize for that, especially to Jennifer's fans.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Janie, Jen smoked pot as a teenager when she was taking a break from tennis. Pot. She was not a strung out junkie like people love to believe she was.

There is nothing wrong with Jen dropping down an apple martini and getting her freak on once in a while. She did it after she lost a match for God's sake. It is not as if she was playing a match the next day.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Janie, Jenn is now in rehab?

That is awful, but it is was she may need to get her life back on track.
That actor from the sitcom "Friends" just came out of rehab and he probably referred the same instition for poor Jenny.
I hope that the treatments are successful.

·
Banned
991 Posts
janie said:
I can only speak for myself -- I was not trying to be nasty.

I do not root for Jennifer, but I am concerned about her as a human being. A person WITH A HISTORY OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE is in deep trouble if they are out late in bars drinking and cavorting. What is an eveing of harmless fun for another person can be disastrous for a person with such problems in their past.

I am sure that Jennifer's loved ones were devastated to see those pics in the paper which show that Jennifer has not put her siubstance abuse problems behind her, or that she has returned to her former lifestyle. No, you are not supposed to drink any alcohol after recovering from a drug problem.

So for her own sake and the sake of her family, I HOPE that Jennifer is in rehab right now. Probably my earlier post wrongly seemed to make light of this serious issue, and I apologize for that, especially to Jennifer's fans.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
OK, I don't remember the whole Jenny story (been too young, to far away with other problems on my mind), but I really really really hope people are not calling her smoking pot a 'substance abuse', in capitals, nonetheless.
I know she had problems, but pot should not be categorized as one of them.
It takes a lot to become psychologically addicted to pot, and it's almost impossible to get physically addicted to it. Nicotine, for comparison is hundreds times more addictive. Even caffeine is more addictive the pot.

·
Registered
82 Posts
TeeRexx, I am only speculating. Maybe she does have a sore throat!

Those who don't think it is serious for Jennifer to drink, remember that Jennifer was in rehab twice. If you knew anything about substance abuse and its treatment you would not make light of ther importance of staying sober fort these individuals. I know her parents were allowing no champagne or alcohol at the party after she won the French Open, because they uderstand the situation. I wish the best for her.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Damn, this is beginning to sound quite serious now.

But it does explain her uncontrolled outburst on numerous occassions, her inability to win another title after winning Oz and that wild partying after losing early in the last U.S. Open and now her sudden withdrawl from a the Moscow tournament.

Jenn may recover after she comes out of rehab, but she may also be heading towards an early end to her illustrious career.

Hang in there, Jenn.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It also explains why her parents are always on pins and needles! I think it is very hard for them and they worry when things oncourt or offcourt don't go Jen's way -- how will she cope? If you read their heartfelt, honest comments after Jennifer's huge comeback, both her Mom's and her Dad's, it is obvious they have been through hell and back with their daughter. It is not just a matter of a little pot-smoking at all. They cannot bear the idea of going back into that hell where they were.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I still can't believe that Jen won only 1 tourny this year, and it's been 8 months since she won it, she lucky it was a grand slam.

Maybe for her good it would have been better if she lost the AO final and then come back motivated, instead she might be in rehab.
I don't believe she is in rehab, she is now at some wild party partying. Nothing wrong with that though, u are only once 28..............

·
Registered
130 Posts
Guys- no need to keep bringing up Cappy's unfortunate past..i don't cheer for her anymore after some of her comments and deplorable behavior but accusing her of partying, drugs etc, is a bit much....don't do to the girl what you accuse some non- Williams fans of doing to them!

·
Registered
122 Posts
u are right joie.

As someone a while ago said, and since I am tired so much and can't think who it was: "Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
Oh yeah, I think it was Ghandi

·
Registered
70 Posts
I play tennis ALL THE TIME, IMO, a soar throat does not bring your level of play down, unless you grunt ALA Williams sisters, Seles, I understand.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts