Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#58 to start the year. Let's see him get back to the top 10. It's never too late. Stay hungry James.

Brisbane
-
Melbourne
-
-
San Jose

:rocker2:

·
Registered
33,360 Posts
#58 to start the year. Let's see him get back to the top 10. It's never too late. Stay hungry James.

Brisbane
-
Melbourne
-
-
San Jose

:rocker2:
:lol::scratch:

out of brisbane, out of AO

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I looked for some info but couldn't find anything:( At least he won't lose any points since he didn't play there last year...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
James Blake has pulled out of Brisbane and the Australian Open with right knee trouble.
Found that on tennis.com. Hope he'll be fine in February. The season hasn't even begun yet and he's struggling with the injury :sad:

·
Registered
287 Posts
According to his FB entry, he is still rehabbing his right knee. Probably, he wants to be sure that he is healthy and he saves some of his energy. He did the same last year as he started in San Jose in February and it proved to be a good decision.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
He's 32 now, so he has to be careful with his schedule. He knows best what's good for him.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
We don't know enough to judge his decisions. Personally, I think it's too late for him for serious surgeries (of course unless it is necessary). It's too risky.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He didn't go to Australia last year so at least he won't be losing anything. I hope everything is good with him

·
Registered
1,146 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
He's decision is like Venus's. ;)

Right thing to do.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Exhibition match in Mamphis
James BLAKE/Sam QUERREY vs John MCENROE/Jack SOCK

I think that Raonic was supposed to play there, but he probably resigned after reaching San Jose final.

·
Registered
287 Posts
However, it shall be mentioned that James lost a few matches in a similar fashion in his career, e.g. vs Nieminen 0-6,2-6 (Stockholm 2010), Istomin 3-6,0-6 (Cincinnati 2010), Spadea (San Jose 2005). Maybe, it was simply a very bad day at the office or he played conservatively to check his state of health.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts