Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No confirmation on the reason, but I suspect with the recent withdrawals of Tunsians before facing Isralis that is the reason. Another sad display of this garbage.

·
Registered
22,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Jaziri(TUN) withdraw from doubles 1 round before potential facing Erlich(ISR)

Ben Rothenberg
‏@BenRothenberg
...reason officially given was a left foot injury for Garcia-Lopez, but the patterns of avoidance are well established. #Wimbledon
So it was GGL who withdrew. Still, it could have been the Tunisian federation who asked him to withdraw to avoid Jaziri having to. Did anyone see GGL's singles match? Did he look injured?

·
Premium Member
5,071 Posts
Re: Jaziri(TUN) withdraw from doubles 1 round before potential facing Erlich(ISR)

So it was GGL who withdrew. Still, it could have been the Tunisian federation who asked him to withdraw to avoid Jaziri having to. Did anyone see GGL's singles match? Did he look injured?
he looked okay to me but i wasn't paying much attention to him anyway.

its probably just an excuse by tunisian federation:(

jaziri :hug:

·
Registered
11,847 Posts

If Jaziri was the one to withdraw, it may have been suspicious but why would GGL withdraw for Jaziri? It doesn't make any sense and his surprising 1st round loss in singles makes this withdrawal very credible.

People like you and Ben Rothenberg, who is useless at the best of times, need some actual evidence before you make these accusations. I expect no better from a poster on a forum but Rothenberg at least pretends to be a tennis writer even if he's not a very good one. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

If Jaziri was the one to withdraw, it may have been suspicious but why would GGL withdraw for Jaziri? It doesn't make any sense and his surprising 1st round loss in singles makes this withdrawal very credible.

People like you and Ben Rothenberg, who is useless at the best of times, need some actual evidence before you make these accusations. I expect no better from a poster on a forum but Rothenberg at least pretends to be a tennis writer even if he's not a very good one. :rolleyes:
Well first off, I wouldn't have made the thread had I know it was GGL who withdrew. It made sense to put 2 and 2 together a Tunisian withdrew a round before potentially facing an Israeli, since it's happened quite a few times before.

Once I knew it was GGL, I mentioned it, I could have just deleted the thread at that point but whatever, it's here now. It's still possible that GGL withdrew when he was told if he didn't then Jaziri would and he maybe didn't want Jaziri to have to go through that again. But maybe not, but the timing of it certainly warrants a little bit of speculation on a forum.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

care to edit your stupid "garbage" part?

Even if it was him, how does that make him "garbage"?

so not Canadian, srsly.. :facepalm:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

Rothenberg does sound like iceberg though...kinda expected from a cold and vicious guy..

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
i called Rothenberg out on his stupid tweet. and i expect no response tbh..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can we rig all draws to put Jaziri against Sela and other israelis?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts